BEST AA Flashlight available in the market

endetta

Newly Enlightened
brightest, minimum cast and good quality with lots of features...
Can someone tell me what it would be?:candle:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Try to get yer' hands on a 4Sevens Titanium Quark.

They were made (in very limited quantities) in both 1xAA and 2xAA size.

Keep watching our B/S/T threads.

As well as that popular on-line auction site which rhymes with Flea-Bay.

These may be difficult to locate, but they're well worth the effort.

:twothumbs

Sorry, my 2xAA Regular (serial # 509 of 750) is NOT for sale.

Good Luck in your Titanium Quark Quest. :cool:

Oh, and Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:
_

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
The standard black HA aluminum AA Quarks are great too, and have more throw than the Ti version.

KAP

Newly Enlightened
as far as quality goes my Jetbeam Jet-I pro v3 beats the hell out of my Quark AA, but the Quark does offer many features (options, lego-ability).
for $10 more the Jetbeam ($63 from bugoutgear) is really a 'better' light. better feeling, better looking, better operation, and it has the IBS which is pretty awesome.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Define "best"

What does them mean to you. For example, if I asked for the "best" 18650 light, thinking that I will get a pure flood light, I would be disappointed.

What is your price range?
Size?
Output?
Runtime?

The Quark AA is a good light, so is the Jetbeam, the Nitecore D10 and Defender Infinity is also good, the Fenix light could also suit your needs, along with the iTP and Liteflux lights.

henry1960

Enlightened
Define "best"

What does them mean to you. For example, if I asked for the "best" 18650 light, thinking that I will get a pure flood light, I would be disappointed.

What is your price range?
Size?
Output?
Runtime?

The Quark AA is a good light, so is the Jetbeam, the Nitecore D10 and Defender Infinity is also good, the Fenix light could also suit your needs, along with the iTP and Liteflux lights.

Size...

Output...

RunTime....

Quality....

JetBeam Pro 1, The Best On The Market---D10- R2 A Close Second :twothumbs

crazyk4952

Newly Enlightened
I still like my D10. It is small enough to EDC and bright enough to do most things that I need.

You can have a big bright flashlight... but if you don't have it with you when you need it, then it's not much good to you then!

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best! :crackup:

Haha, thats a good one. As if there is such a light. Furthermore the idea that you could get anyone to agree on one.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best boils down to individual preference really, i like my Jet I Pro v2.0 (havent changed to the v3 as i dont see a need to) BUT i carry my Nitecore EX10 more as its size and very discreet pocket carry makes a difference when i am wearing my work clothes.

Love that IBS function most of all, it allows so much versatility.

LED Cool

Enlightened
LiteFlux LF5XT with a beautiful beam without any dark rings.
it is not the brightest as per your requirement but it can hold its own when compared to most single AA lights.

however, as per your other requirements, the LF5XT has lots of features. in fact it has the most features amongst the single AA lights in the flashlight industry.

your other requirement mentioned is "minimum cast", i presumed you mean "minimum cost". well, the LF5XT is not the cheapest in the market but it is considerably lower than the other candidates mentioned above.

because the LF5XT is on special sale, many regard the LF5XT as the best value for money, most features rich and most versatile single AA quality LED flashlight currently in the market.

do check it out. the LF5XT will meet 3 out of 4 of your requirements.
minimum cost, good quality and lots of features.

khoo

bansuri

Enlightened
do check it out. the LF5XT will meet 3 out of 4 of your requirements.
minimum cost, good quality and lots of features.

khoo
Running a 14500 it might even get 4 out of 4. (ok, that's cheating).
If you want to know more about the LF5XT go to light-reviews.com and click reviews, then click the word "Rating" on top of the ratings row to sort them from highest to lowest rating. You'll see the LF5XT on top. You'll also see that Liteflux occupies 7 of the top 8 spots with the Ra Clicky coming in third.
Of course that's just one site, and I'm sure someone will flame it all to heck shortly after I post this, but Liteflux makes a darn good light.
5 (or less, your choice) different memory slots. Each can do whatever function you want. Normal output, SOS, Random Strobe, Beacon.
You can customize many aspects of the flashing modes, ie. level, frequency.
Instant high from any mode with a single click.
Instant Random Strobe from any mode with a click+click/press.
Will protect your 14500s and NiMHs from over discharge.
Can run in Tactical Momentary mode.
Output is ring-free.

It's a fun light. All of the Liteflux will do all of these things and more.

You should add what your size requirements are. The AA lights run from just barely bigger than an AA battery to twice as big all the way up to the TK40. If you want small the new Quark MiNi-AA looks nice.
The Nitecore D-10 R2 is a monster also.

OK, get the LF5XT, Quark MiNi-AA, and the Nitecore D10-R2 and report back. lovecpf

I'm hoping that Ra enters the AA market someday...:hitit:

This is a personal milestone: I've finally used the "I'd hit it" dancing banana.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brightest AA light is the Fenix TK40.
600 lm compared to the 100 lm of the torches discussed so far.
But its BIG and costs more than $100.

-

My personable opinion is a 1AA light is usually EDCed for emergencies. Longest runtime at max brightness is more important than the brightest max brightness.

200 lumens for 30 minutes or 1 lumen for 20 days does not work. In an emergency you will turn on max, forget to dim the light down and be in the dark in minute 31.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I've been EDCing the D10 for about a year. I use it quite a bit every day. One of the big pluses of this light IMHO is that you can buy it from one of, if not the, best dealer in the CPF network. I haven't needed service for this light but in other 'problems' I've had, I haven't had a problem :) Quick response from CS emails, and lights sent in for repair come back quickly. I'm looking at the Liteflux, but I feel comfortable buying lights from 4Sevens. No one knows where we'll be in 10 years but it is nice to have a warranty you feel comfortable with.

endetta

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to say Thank you for your nice and welcoming comments.
I Like this site a lot and looking forward to learn from all of you.
Thaks againlovecpf

asfaltpiloot

Newly Enlightened
Jetbeam Jet I Pro w/IBS V3
Nitecore Defender Infinity
4Sevens Quark
Fenix L1D / LD10

And :welcome:

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
Whatever the best may be, it is generally not attained at low cost. Enjoy your search for the perfect light, many people have already made high quality recommendations.

uncle wong

Newly Enlightened
EagleTac P20A2 Mark II ( XP-G Led)(230 Lumens)
2xAA

EagleTAC P100A2(XP-E Q3 Led)(195 Lumens)(Updated Version)
2xAA

EagleTac P10A (XR-E Q5)(130 Lumens)
1xAA

EagleTac P10A2(XR-E Q5)(230 Lumens)
2xAA

Ksailork

Newly Enlightened
The Best?

It's usually the one that comes to market one week after you placed an order for what you thought was best. :sick2: