Beware of Canadian flashlight users.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
WriterWriter says:

Are Americans terrified of everything – including flash lights at night????
Seriously. You people have told yourselves so many 'ghost' stories that now you're afraid of your own shadows….

I have to admit, he's got us there when he calls us "terrified of everything".

To test the theory, go outside and start doing something strange and unusual (like playing with flashlights!) and see how long it takes for the cops to show up!:crackup:

Last edited:

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
i was surprised they didn't show at the DFW get together, with all the lasers, the DEFT, the barnburner, it must have looked like an alien landing from a distance lol...i guess we were too far from canada

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
What is the point of this thread? To inspire ill feeling between Canadian's and US folks? Knock it off. Not tolerated on CPF.

Bill

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the point of this thread? To inspire ill feeling between Canadian's and US folks? Knock it off. Not tolerated on CPF.

Bill

Nah, it's another example of the phenomenon of people calling the cops when they see someone using a flashlight at night :shakehead

This seems really counter intuitive, but there are several threads in the archive stories similar to this. For some reason people think you're up to no good if you're poking around in the dark with a flashlight... but if you think about it, you wouldn't use a light if you were up to no good and trying to keep a low profile!

Strange aspect of human nature I guess!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I'm a Canadian with a Flashlight - although after over 16 years in the US I think I've just about become an American (getting paperwork together for citizenship application) - so maybe I'm not that scary. :sick2:

:twothumbs

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm 3/4 Canadian, with flashlights, and am also a black belt (your basic triple threat). I'm scary without the flashlights. I wonder if those Canadians were wearing hockey masks with blood on their shirts? That might justify the fear people had. I wouldn't worry about a Canadian with a flashlight, but I wouldn't want to mess with one of their hockey players. Their hockey resembles angry football players tackling people on something as hard as concrete, practicing karate with blades on their feet, while hitting people with sticks, and knocking out teeth. That's something that justifies fear.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bill

Seriously? That has got to be sarcasm...

Like Stress_Test said it is another call the cops there are weirdos story...

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast

Their hockey resembles angry football players tackling people on something as hard as concrete, practicing karate with blades on their feet, while hitting people with sticks, and knocking out teeth. That's something that justifies fear.

Big deal, you see the same thing here during the Christmas shopping season at WalMart! :laughing:

(I say that in jest, but there's some sad truth to that too... I think it was just last year there was a freakin' shoot-out in a WalMart)

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Seriously? That has got to be sarcasm...

Like Stress_Test said it is another call the cops there are weirdos story...

OK, OK, I sort of reacted to the link in the second post, and though this thread would go south. Sorry guys. :eek:

Bill

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, OK, I sort of reacted to the link in the second post, and though this thread would go south. Sorry guys. :eek:

Bill

WHOOPS, I didn't realize that was a link there. I deleted it from the post, because that link does take you to the "comments" section of the page where all the insults are taking place.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
We all know that Canadians just pretend to be mild mannered and friendly to bide time until they can annex us. We're building the fence at the wrong border.:nana:

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It just so happens I am on vacation in Montreal right now and have neither scared nor impressed anyone with my flashlights and no one has called the police or the gendarrmes. But they do take their hockey players seriously. Plus you can walk down the street with a long hooked stick and nobody even looks at you. I did see some sticks last night with blinking red lights on them??? I will leave you to guess as to what that possibly was for now. eh