eBay Seller is "Unregistered"

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
eBay Seller is \"Unregistered\"

I used Buy It Now to buy a knife on eBay Friday night, By the time the seller finally contacted me on Sunday with his mailing address, eBay had suspended him!

His email to me was very abbreviated and he asked that the check/MO be made out to "R.C.M." at a P. O. Box in Arkansas..no full name or street address.

His eBay account has only been open for about a month but he has 44 positive transactions, no negatives.

I emailed him last night that I won't send him any money until he explains the suspension.

What do you make of this? Should I pursue this purchase?

Marty

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: eBay Seller is

You may want to persue more info through e-Bay as well... They may have info on him that may affect you if you make a purchase... May turn out to be cons... Wierder things have happened on e-Bay.

avusblue

Enlightened

Run. Find the item elsewhere. There is no upside and you could very likely lose your money.

Since he's now unregistered, if you walk away at this point he can't leave nasty feedback for you.

Dave

zmoz

Enlightened

Don't send him anything, he can't leave you negative for doing so either... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,

Ditto the previous 3 post.

Twice I have won an item on e-bay and sent my money and with-in 3 days the member was suspended. A whole slew of negative feedbacks were tacked on within 24 hours of me sending the money and both sellers had good feedback prior. I got both items but boy was it hard. A $500 computer and a $90 knife. I used the contact info., internet searches and previous buyers to get info. I ended up talking to the parents of both these guys on the phone and explained what happened, what I knew about their son and made it clear I had the address and would be happy to make a special trip to see him. I also had Paypal on my side for the knife, which actually helped. It all worked and I really doubt I would have gone to NY or NC but it sounded good at the time, I was lucky. Bottom line, keep your cheese and buy elsewhere or have him send the item first and point out your feedback rating as the reason.

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the "feedback" everyone. He hasn't responded to my recent email so I'm keeping my dough and moving on.

If he wants to sell it to me, he can send it to me first, like DD suggested.

Marty

zmoz

Enlightened

And while we're talking about it - DON'T RELY ON PAYPAL TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK! Sometimes they do...usually they don't. I've lost around $500 because of it...