MG PLI MC-E....now in Warm White??

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, this light just keeps getting more and more attractive to me, I am definitely going to have to buy one at some point. They also have the RX-1 in ww now too.

Are there any other MC-E lights in warm white? I don't think I've seen them.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac has had their M2SC4 in neutral white out for a couple months.
Malkoff has had his M60W MC-E out for a long time.

But other than those two I don't know of any other manufacturers offering a stock neutral white MC-E option.
It's a shame isn't it? :(

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
i thought that the neutral tint eagletac m2 used three cree leds, not mce.. weird how i have mis-read/and misunderstood that..

i also believed that shiningbeam was the 1st to offer a complete flashlight with warm tint mce.

( i chose the rx-1 with warm tint mce.)

btw they are only few available of them.. maybe some more coming later but now only few.. so act fast if you want one.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been patiently waiting for this warm PLI to become available for some time now, so as soon as I saw shiningbeam's post that they were listed on his site, I ordered one. Now I can impatiently wait for it to arrive :whistle:

I'm hoping it's suitable for belt-carry.

--flatline

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
it's a bit heavy. A lot of material around the bezel / head of the light, maybe this thermal mass helps with heat dissipation. Do you need the throw on a regular basis? as it's form factor of any other d26 style light, you could go with a C2 or a Solarforce L2 with mc-e drop-in and have a light that's a bit shorter and a fair amount lighter. Now I love the PLI (and the PLI loves me) and it the slimmest mc-e throw light out there. Combine that with the 'adjustable' bezel you can smooth out the beam for detailed work or bring a bit of that donut back when you're gathering as much into the hot-spot as you can.

Vermonter73

Enlightened
Dang it! I just bought an MG PLI a few weeks ago, in the crappy camo no less, because I needed a bright bike light ASAP.

Now I'm gonna have to buy one of these as well :cool:

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this new batch is also camo.

I should have mine in a couple of days, so I'll try to remember to give a report on it. I'm not concerned about the camo since nobody will see it in its holster (and once they see how bright it is, I bet they won't care what the flashlight looks like).

--flatline

lightfire

Newly Enlightened
i thought that the neutral tint eagletac m2 used three cree leds, not mce.. weird how i have mis-read/and misunderstood that..

i also believed that shiningbeam was the 1st to offer a complete flashlight with warm tint mce.

( i chose the rx-1 with warm tint mce.)

btw they are only few available of them.. maybe some more coming later but now only few.. so act fast if you want one.

I have a neutral tint m2xc4 with the 3 r2's. Wish I had of gotten the cool bright white instead; these neutral tints do not do anything for me.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Fyi, on EagleTac M2 series...

M2C4 - Seoul Semi-Conductor Z-Power P7 D-Bin LED
M2XC4 - Triple CREE XR-E Cool White R2 LED or Triple CREE XR-E Neutral White Q3 LED
M2SC4 - Quad-emitter Cree MC-E 11W LED in M-Bin WD (Cool White) or K-Bin 5A (Neutral White)

M2SC4 available since late Sept '09... :nana:

Last edited:

pipspeak

Enlightened
yes, the camo is horrific... not even very good camo colors IMO.

Anyone know if there's a lumens difference between the warm and cool/neutral MC-E emitters?

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool white version claims 700 lumens on high.
Warm white version claims 600 lumens on high.

This is from the description given on Shiningbeam's site.

In regards to the camo: I'm surprised that people are making such a big deal over the camo. This clearly isn't a light you'd wear to a formal occasion (it's too big/bulky), so what do you care what it looks like as long as the finish is durable and doesn't interfere with the function of the light?:poke:

--flatline

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool white version claims 700 lumens on high.
Warm white version claims 600 lumens on high.

This is from the description given on Shiningbeam's site.

In regards to the camo: I'm surprised that people are making such a big deal over the camo. This clearly isn't a light you'd wear to a formal occasion (it's too big/bulky), so what do you care what it looks like as long as the finish is durable and doesn't interfere with the function of the light?:poke:

--flatline

I'm not apying too much attention to the lumens ratings as they are always off especially with MC-E's and P7s. Warm whites are always slightly less bright. I don't think we are really complaining, I know I would still buy this light if I could afford it regardless of the camo, but we are in a flashlight forum and it is fun to nitpick......and it is really really ugly. :)

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just thought of a benefit of the camo: people will be less inclined to steal it from me. :D:D:D

--flatline

pipspeak

Enlightened
in my case it would be a household light that I'd see every single time I walked past it on a shelf, so not being fugly matters :D

I'm curious if anyone owns a PLI and an RX-1 -- I'd like to understand exactly how the smaller head affects the beam profile, particularly the spill pattern

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
about ugly color.. paint it if it bothers you.

rattlecan mattblack sold pretty much everywhere.

-friend of mine painted his rx1 (with copper color) and put some clear on it and now 3 months later its still very nice..

i am thinking about doing the same with mine when it arrives. (not fan of that bluish gray it is)

GlobalPlayer

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
Just ordered a cool white one (MG PLI MC-E);
Warm white version - 7C or 7B tint - looks perhaps a little too warm for me.
I don't like the camo, but in the dark I won't see it :cool:
lovecpf

PLI

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
Just ordered a cool white one (MG PLI MC-E);
Warm white version - 7C or 7B tint - looks perhaps a little too warm for me.
I don't like the camo, but in the dark I won't see it :cool:
lovecpf
I've got this one and I intend to purchase the W tint version :naughty: ... I would like to know how warm is the 7C/7B tint :twothumbs
Is it almost like an incand tint ?

Latest posts