Fenix P3D help needed

nathan310

Newly Enlightened
I've had a Fenix P3D sitting for a long time. I went to use it and noticed a flicker in turbo mode. So I just decided to use the lower modes because I can't remember the dealer I bought it from on eBay. So I get home from a weeks vacation last night and the powers out. I use it for a while and it hour or so and the amount of light emmitted doesn't change when I change modes. What should I do?

nathan310

Newly Enlightened
Also it flickers in every mode now.

I've tried changing batteries and cleaning the circuit with rubbing alcohol.

JermsMalibu

Newly Enlightened
I've had this problem as well. It turned out that the very end of the battery tube at the head end of it had oxidized. I scraped off the oxidized aluminum and now it works fine.

nathan310

Newly Enlightened
I tried cleaning the threads and still not changing modes and it flickers. Does anyone have Fenixs' email address? Thanks guys.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Whch threads? If you disassamble the light, there are at least 9 points of contact to clean, including 3 sets of threads.

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
I'm not sure if would cause you problem, but with these lights, when you unscrew the tailcap to change the batteries, the tailcap clickie assembly begins to unscrew. Get a pair of needle nose pliers and tighten it. Maybe take it apart and clean it first. I now change the batteries by unscrewing the head.

nathan310

Newly Enlightened
Whch threads? If you disassamble the light, there are at least 9 points of contact to clean, including 3 sets of threads.

I cleaned the threads in the battery tube. There were 2 parts I unscrewed. Is there something else I missed? 2 female and 2 male threads in total.

Marduke

Flashaholic
I cleaned the threads in the battery tube. There were 2 parts I unscrewed. Is there something else I missed? 2 female and 2 male threads in total.

The negative and positive PCB contacts, the ends of the body tube (not just the threads), the switch PCB contacts, the retaining ring (both sides), and tighten the retaining ring.