Thinking about adding a Jet 1 Pro to the stable

batmanacw

Enlightened
I am thinking about the Jetbeam Jet 1 Pro. How is this light regarded? The specs look good for a AA light. I already have some AW 14500 sitting on the shelf.

I hear lots of good things about this company.

Can this light be programmed so the default strobe on the third mode is changed to a regular light setting?

grunscga

Newly Enlightened
I haven't really put it to the test, but so far I haven't had a single technical problem with it. It's become my CCW light of choice, because it's a potent little sucker, seems quite sturdy, and I can configure the IBS for max-min-30%, so in an emergency it will always come on in max, and in a non-emergency I can shove the head into my chest and click+half click for min without blinding myself. To answer your last question, yes, you have the choice of any brightness, or various speeds of strobe, or beacon for each of the three modes.

The only potential issue I see at this point is that it gets very warm on max over a span of 5-10 minutes, so you can't really hand it to a non-flashaholic without a warning that they need to not set it down while it's on. If you keep a good grip on it, it's never gets painfully hot, at least not during the 20-25 minute continuous runs I've subjected it to so far. I've also discovered that it will tail-stand at 50% (easy to hit because you get a double-blink at 50% when setting the mode) for extended periods without getting hot, so if that's something you need often, you might want to put that into the rotation somewhere.

What you need to decide is whether or not you will like the UI. If you already like a Fenix-style UI, then you're golden (I think IBS beats the Fenix UI hands-down). If you detest the Fenix UI like I do, then you have a harder decision. I like it enough that I'm not going to sell it, but I have to say that it will probably be replaced as my daily EDC by an RRT-0, assuming the first reviews of said light find no major issues. I'm hoping that the RRT-0 will end my quest for the ultimate UI... :)

In summary, out of the EDC-able lights that I own (EX10, NDI, LD01, PD30, C2, Jet-I), it's my go-to light for daily carry.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am thinking about the Jetbeam Jet 1 Pro. How is this light regarded? The specs look good for a AA light. I already have some AW 14500 sitting on the shelf.

And it will find a good home within Jet-1 Pro v.3.0

I hear lots of good things about this company.

There must be reasons for that. ;)

Can this light be programmed so the default strobe on the third mode is changed to a regular light setting?

Sure, each of the 3 modes is programmable.

I've recently dropped mine on a pile of granite rocks. Made me glad it comes with a SS bezel. Still works without a hitch.

KAP

Newly Enlightened
i really love my Jet-I pro v3. the fit/finish is the best ive seen so far and the IBS is really quite impressive.
it never glitches or freaks out and having 3 fully programmable modes is ideal.

i do have some gripes though...
-not having a momentary switch sucks (i figured oh well, atleast with the reverse clicky it'll tailstand - no such luck. the rubber boot is too big and doesnt allow for a reliable tailstand)
-limited side spill/flood. the light is really more of a thrower

henry1960

Enlightened
Love My Jet 1 Pro V3 So Much It Moved Into My # 1 Slot For EDC But My D10 Still Tags Along For The Ride Also :D

batmanacw

Enlightened
i really love my Jet-I pro v3. the fit/finish is the best ive seen so far and the IBS is really quite impressive.
it never glitches or freaks out and having 3 fully programmable modes is ideal.

i do have some gripes though...
-not having a momentary switch sucks (i figured oh well, atleast with the reverse clicky it'll tailstand - no such luck. the rubber boot is too big and doesnt allow for a reliable tailstand)
-limited side spill/flood. the light is really more of a thrower

So the switch works like a Fenix light where it has to click before turning on? I must have been confused since I thought a reverse clicky was supposed to click after the light was on.

I don't really care about forward clickies that much. Most of my favorite lights are not momentary.