Does anyone remember...

Gordo

Newly Enlightened
I cannot find a thread I started reading about a month ago. And I don't remember the search words that I used to find it in the first place. So a little help if you know.
From what I remember it included backyard beamshots comparing MC-E and P7 LED's. the interesting thing was that the light used produced a very even smooth output. A wide hotspot so to speak. The one part I do remember (this is one of the main parts I'm looking to re-read) the lens looked like a faceted aspheric lens. It looked like a large fake jewel.

Did I imagine it or was it real?

edc3

Enlightened
Was it this thread? Or maybe another with a Tiablo A9 with aspheric lens. The holes in the bezel make it look like the lens is faceted.

Gordo

Newly Enlightened
No, not the same. It was a multiple page.

I have a statistics page?!?
Ok, I looked for the stats not finding it. I'll keep looking for it. That may be the answer provided on how far back it goes.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've done the same thing Crenshaw. Found a thread of great interest and had a lot of trouble finding it again. You'll figure it out.

Good Luck.

Bill

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gordo ,

Did you post a comment or question in the thread you can't find ?

or could it have been in the Market Place ?

or in homemade light's section ?

Gordo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for looking.
I checked the statistics page. It only shows threads I posted in. Not the ones I viewed.
MadMook, not the one but I have seen that one before. I saved it to my threads of interest. trying to live up to my sig.

Hopefully someone has a better CPF vocab than me....the combinations of search words I'm using give me the same threads.

horizonseeker

Enlightened
sorry, you said "started reading", I somehow skipped the second word and thought that you "started" the thread. if you didn't post in the thread, you wouldn't be able to find it in the stat page.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could try searching your browsing history.

Could it be a malkoff MD4? That has a large hotspot, although it uses 4 LEDs, not a quad die LED. However, it does have a quad optic that I suppose might look like 4 aspheric lenses in a photograph...

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I remember it included backyard beamshots comparing MC-E and P7 LED's. the interesting thing was that the light used produced a very even smooth output. A wide hotspot so to speak. The one part I do remember (this is one of the main parts I'm looking to re-read) the lens looked like a faceted aspheric lens. It looked like a large fake jewel.

Did I imagine it or was it real?
If it is any help, you are describing the Malkoff M60 MC-E.

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like a number of custom lights made by MJ called the Superlight he used a few different Leds and a faceted reflector got an amazing beam.

fareast

Enlightened
You could try searching your browsing history.

Could it be a malkoff MD4? That has a large hotspot, although it uses 4 LEDs, not a quad die LED. However, it does have a quad optic that I suppose might look like 4 aspheric lenses in a photograph...

the 13th post as in the above is all you would need. Check/search your browsing history and if it has not been deleted yet (this depends on your settings), you will find it there.

I wish I knew what thread you are searching but it doesn't ring a bell.

Gordo

Newly Enlightened
horizonseeker - thanks I realized that I left out that piece of information.

fareast - I clean up every few weeks so no history that far back.
Owen - not honeycombed. It looked like a jewel.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could you be more specific by what you mean when you say "it looks like a jewel?" In what way? Is it multi-faceted, or does it look like some sort of compound aspheric type thing?