• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Rare McLux TK Lights

BOTH SOLD: two McLux TK builds from the earliest days of McGizmo. For those who don't know, the TK system begun by Don and the rest of the " Skunk Lights" team is the true grandfather of the custom flashlight genre. The aluminum bodies are electroless nickel (EN) plated shafts with bead blasted guarded tails housing kroll clicky switches. The body and tail is all one continuous piece, and the titanium clips are removable. These two variations of the original McLux TK (which stands for "turnkey") have black anodized heads and take one CR123 cell. They are both in mint condition and both await new homes. :D

The one on the left (in the first pic) is a "Turbo" model with a McLux PR-BK head, non-serialed clip and removable belt lug. $175 shipped, SOLD.

The one on the right (in the first pic) is a standard TK head in black, serial numbered clip (324). I have just been given a very interesting fact about this particular light: it has an important historical significance - the black anodized TK heads were made exclusively for the five member/founders of the Skunkworks Team. This small handful of black anodize-headed TKs were the precursors to the first TK run, so to own one is special indeed. The previous owner, not one of the Skunkworks Team, requested that just one more be made that he could have, so the Team created it especially for him, $165 shipped, SOLD.

PayPal only (I eat all fees, PP cash or gift preferred), CONUS shipping included in the price. I ship USPS priority plus delivery confirmation. Buyer pays for any shipping insurance at cost. Will ship same or next business day as payment received. My PayPal address is in my profile. Just click on my user ID.

IMG_4759-1.jpg

IMG_4760-1.jpg

IMG_4762-1.jpg

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Re: FS: Sizzling McLux TK Classics

Wow, these are so old I wouldn't even know what they are if they didn't have the name on them! To what extent are these Aleph-compatible?

donn_

Flashaholic

The bodies will take Aleph and E-series heads, and the heads will fit Aleph and E-series bodies. The only thing different from Aleph is the LEs are fixed in the heads.

fyrstormer

Banned

But if I read this correctly, the larger head on one of these is actually an Aleph head, is that correct? So for that one the LE is already interchangeable, no new head needed?

What about the tailswitches? I don't really know anything about krolls; are they considered forward- or reverse-clicky, and are replacements available anywhere? Is the tailcap removable or is it press-fit onto the battery tube?

donn_

Flashaholic

It's a Dad typo. The PR isn't Aleph, it's McLux I.

Read all about it here.

The tail switch is a forward clicky named Kroll. I believe replacements are available at Sandwich Shoppe.

Last edited:

All good questions. Donn, feel free to chime in. The big head is not an Aleph head (I need to correct that), but a McGizmo PR head. Sort of close to an Aleph I head. Here is a thread describing the McGizmo parts:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=93466

The PR head has a removable LE sandwich that can be replaced. The TK head does not.

The krolls are forward clickies. I can provide a complimentary extra kroll switch as a back-up if you need one. They simply screw in to the threaded tail.

Edit: I see you did chime in. Thanks Donn! :)

fyrstormer

Banned

My response is contingent on whether the PR head can use Aleph light engines.

If yes: I'll take the one with the PR head.
If no: I'll take the one with the standard head.

Last edited:

My response is contingent on whether the PR head can use Aleph light engines.

If yes: I'll take the one with the PR head.
If no: I'll take the one with the standard head.

Good call. You're gonna love her. :D

Edit: wow, you changed your answer so fast I didn't have time to react. OK, the larger one can take any Aleph sized LE. Just make sure your LE is for a one-cell (3V) light.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned

Heh, sorry about that. I figured it was safe to edit since the price on both lights was the same and I was committing to buy one either way.

So the larger one it is. PM incoming.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good call. You're gonna love her. :D

Edit: wow, you changed your answer so fast I didn't have time to react. OK, the larger one can take any Aleph sized LE. Just make sure your LE is for a one-cell (3V) light.
Troy, unless the McLux PR is modified it can't take an Aleph LE. The ecan in the PR is epoxied into the back of the head. :wave:

Troy, unless the McLux PR is modified it can't take an Aleph LE. The ecan in the PR is epoxied into the back of the head. :wave:

Wow, Freddie, you're right. I can't seem to budge it. fyrstormer, you are free to retract if you need to (or take the other one). Wonder why they're epoxied in? :shrug:

fyrstormer

Banned

To be perfectly honest, what I'm really after is the old-school battery tube. It's fine.

Does the LE still screw in, but is held in place with epoxy, or is it such that removing the epoxy would cause the LE to fall right out?

To be perfectly honest, what I'm really after is the old-school battery tube. It's fine.

Does the LE still screw in, but is held in place with epoxy, or is it such that removing the epoxy would cause the LE to fall right out?

Well, the tube is perfect. The LE is probably screwed in AND epoxied or loc-tited. If you just want the tube, take the other light because I've got somebody absolutely craving the big one. :) That sounded bad.