Holster for P3D

alanjeep

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know of a quality holster for a Fenix P3D.
I have carried this light for about 8 months and the supplied holster is falling apart.
Before the Fenix I carried a 2AA Mag for 7-8 years in a Mag leather holster and it is still in great shape.
I prefer a open top style without a top flap closure.
Thanks

alanjeep

Newly Enlightened
Any ideas at all?
Maybe another brands holster? were would I buy it?
Durability is my main concern.
thanks

ateallthepies

Enlightened
I made this one today out of 3mm leather and some leather cord and some poppers and rivets for my TK11. Polished it up with some dark tan shoe polish and it came up a treat.

002-25-5.jpg

001-32-3.jpg

It will hold the light well without the flap but I like the security the flap gives. Total time to make, less than an hour. Easy if you have the bits.
It should last a while:)

Steve.

Last edited:

tedjanxt

Enlightened
When I got first got my P3D, I hated the holster.

I tried a minimag holster, brand new from the box. VERY tight fit, but over time it molded itself to the light. I've used it since day one without problems. It WILL NOT come free of the holster without a twist. I've hung upside down with it with no problems.

Give it a shot. I stress though that mine was brand new, I'm not sure if a used one will mold itself to the light as well as a new one.

maskman

Newly Enlightened
Have you considered having a custom leather holster made? Thor's Hammer in CPFMP appears to make high quality holsters. It's a thought.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the old P3D holsters and buy all I can afford when Lighthound has them is stock. The tubular shaped lights are my favorite for EDC whether a Fenix, Quark or Jetbeam and I like the old style holster for quick access and easy re-holster.

Its true they may only last 8-12 months but just get 3 or 4 and it will last awhile.

BaldOldWhiteGuy

Newly Enlightened
I carry my PD30 in a leather holster that was designed for a knife. The leather is very good quality, and it has held up nicely for about a year now.
This is the holster:

http://estore.websitepros.com/1565531/Detail.bok?no=10

The PD30 sticks about 1 and 1/2 inches out of the top. It fits snug, but not so tight that it cannot be removed with one hand. He sells stuff on ebay as well, and I purchased a gun holster from him there. Same high quality leather and workmanship.

I took a picture of my light in the holster, but I can't figure out how to attach it... sorry, sort of a computer boob it seems.

Last edited: