• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired f.s. mini-mini-mag *sold* *might make more?*

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
last night, i ran out to walmart and bought a 2aa minimag with the intent of turning it down to 1aa. a couple hours later, i come out with this:
fbdc157f.jpg

you can read more about it here

it is in perfect condition, except for a couple spots on the head threading, because i used one of my old mini-mag heads in the chuck, and put this body inside to turn. here is a picture:
fbdac12e.jpg

there are 4 such spots, as the minimag uses a 4start thread. the one in the middle isn't a spot, it's the reflection from the camera flash.

this should run very well with a madmax, especially if you use a lithium battery. i've also heard something about a 3v aa, though i'm not sure if there really is such a beast, and if it would work.

i'm asking $25 please.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
Re: f.s. mini-mini-mag

i just noticed that my fingers look really bad in that last picture...those aren't scars, i blurred my fingerprints /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

ok guys...it's still available.

go for it guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
no! not all at once now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

thanks sigman /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ok guys it's gone...thanks for looking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

sure, if there is interest.

would anyone be interested in a specific color?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

ok, i'll make one and let you know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

which of the colors would you prefer most and in what order?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

I'll take one in Pink! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

All kiding aside, Pewer is first choice, after that, any color. Thanks
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

pewter it is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

paulr

Flashaholic

Can you measure the runtime with an alkaline? I actually think an NiMH will probably run it longer, but alkalines are always easier to find.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

actually, i can't do paypal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i'm not sure when i can fill all of these orders, because i'm busy with other things, but hopefully withing a week.

when i finish them, i will contact you guys and if you're not still interested at that point, i'll post them here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

paul, i'm assuming you mean test with a madmax? i actually don't have a madmax yet, which is part of the reason i sold this light.
i'll bet someone has done some similar testing with a single aa though...maybe a search would come up with something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Raindrop

Enlightened

Any interest in doing a trade?? I have 4 cartons ( 12 each) of Mini Mags still left from a promotion I did a couple of years back. These were the blister packed Mini Mags that came with the two energizers and the webbing style holster. Since you can buy them so cheap it isn't worth selling them individually but maybe if you get enough interest you could trade me out by cutting down some for me and using them for other people ?? Let me know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif IF not, I would be interested in buying at least one regardless.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

thanks for the offer rain.

however, i'm afraid there is no way i would ever get around to making 12 of these, and i don't think there would be that much demand anyway.

what color are they? i might be interested in purchasing or trading a couple depending on price.
what color would you like your 1aa to be?

Raindrop

Enlightened

They are all standard black. I originally had 72 of them left but I have been converting them with Dat2zip sandwichs and Opalecs and then giving them away to family and friends. Since I have so many black, I would want either blue or silver for my mini minimag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As far as selling them outright, I think the postage individually way outweighs the value. I bought 3 gross originally for around $7 each.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

ok /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i was mainly asking, becasue when i went to walmart today, but they only had black and red.

i just got off the phone with target (15minutes! (i fell asleep halfway through, and woke up just before she finally found the infromation...), and they have pewter, black, blue, and green /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

so i guess i'll go out and get 2pewters and a blue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
not sure which color shankus prefers, so i guess he'll have to wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif