Sanyo n-700AAC spec sheet help reading

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, "It" is the same as "C". So with a capacity of 700 mAh, an 8 C discharge will be 5.6 A, and that discharge rate will give you about 5 minutes to 1.1 V. Doesn't look like you would get much joy with an attempted 8 A discharge.

I also understand that Cadnica cells are out of production now and only warehoused stock may still be available.

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now help with HID battery pack for motorcycle

Thanks Mr. Happy.
I am looking to upgrade a Baja Designs Diablo HID headlight kit, 10 of these cells in series are the included battery pack. My friend has gone through two of them in a short period and at low RPM's the light is shutting down. I started the light from a car battery and it seems to draw about 7 amps at start up, climbing to 8. (12.6 volts or so). I can't imagine why a 35 watt HID is using 100 watts of power!

I removed the included nicad pack and charged it on a hobby charger, then started the light with it. It took several tries to strike the light but finally managed. In that case, it was drawing about 6 amps and sagged to about 11 volts. (66 watts) Ran it for maybe 40 seconds, let it sit for ~15 seconds and attempted a re-strike. Surprisingly it was successful.

I THINK the voltage regulator is doing it's job, but tests are still in the works. It appeared to be limiting charge current to about .35 amps. The bike has a 200 watt stator.

So, I wonder what chemistry battery pack will be best. Right now we are looking at small SLAs anywhere from 1.3 to 5 Ah (though smaller the better.)

In addition to that, one other occurance I can't understand. I try to run it from my benchtop power supply, mastech HY3010D and it won't light. (well, it did one time, but I can't reproduce it.) The power supply is supposed to be capable of 10 amps, and I have gotten that briefly into a large resistor, but in the case of this light, it no workie. The ballast clicks and hums, the power supply voltage drops from 13.6 to about 8 volts. The current control light comes on faintly and then the light shuts down. I can't really figure it out. Is it just too much of a load? Or perhaps some sort of feedback or A/C or something?

I suppose this could belong in the transportation section or the HID section, but then, it is about electronics and batteries as well.

DM51

Flashaholic
Re: Now help with HID battery pack for motorcycle

I'll move it to HID for you, but if the thread takes a new direction and you'd like it moved again, let me know and I'll do it.