Smallest Strobe keychain light?

ruriimasu

Enlightened
I have a small warm tint AA EDC light which I absolutely love for its size, tint and runtime. So its become a keeper. Now, there are times when I needed to attract the attention of people far away, and what more is better than strobe? So my EDC light does not have strobe mode and I decide to just add a strobe light to my EDC items. I need some information of the smallest available key-chain strobe lights in button cells and possibly 10180 - cr2 sizes (max about size of orb raw). Appreciate suggestions :popcorn::D

ruriimasu

Enlightened
does the photon freedom's battery cell's power discharge by itself easily? I had a few fauxtons from DX and the power just drained out in my pocket without being used. I was sure they did not turned on by themselves in my pocket as they were using digital switches.

Marduke

Flashaholic
I have not experienced any battery drain. You can enable a 3minute auto-offif you are really worried about it.

bansuri

Enlightened
+1 for the Photon.
I've carried one for a couple months and haven't noticed any battery drain besides that from usage.

Some quick praise:
* About the same size as the fauxtons yet has so much more utility.
* Full on, Ramp from incredibly low, Slow or Medium Beacon, Fast Flash, or SOS. Momentary operation.
* Sturdy build.
* Great clip allows you to take it off of your keychain easily. This is fantastic feature as you don't have to wrestle it off the split-ring keychain.
* Comes with cool articulating holder that allows you to clip it to something or stick it to metal with built-in magnets.
* Also comes with a carrier on a neck lanyard.

The link Marduke posted is the best price I've seen.
Note: the light comes in Demonstration Mode (DM), it WILL NOT operate normally until you exit DM by pressing and holding for 20 seconds until light shuts off. I've seen reviews by people complaining their light didn't work right, guess what the problem was :oops:, didn't read the directions!

HitecDrftr

Newly Enlightened
The Photon Freedom is my absolute favorite keychain light, with the best UI of any light. It can do ultra dim, and has several strobe modes tucked away at the back of the interface. An incredible deal for only $9.

http://www.cfrlights.com/servlet/the-4/photon-freedom-micro%2C-LRI%2C/Detail

Thanks for the link Marduke! :thumbsup:

I also like the "lobster claw" for use with an EDC. Keeps it from getting bunged up by keys, change, etc, and looks nicer than a carabiner. Fenix actually makes a sturdier one for sale. ($3.99)

http://www.pts-flashlights.com/products/product.aspx?pid=6413

Last edited:

ruriimasu

Enlightened
hey guys.. i was checking out a EZCR2w which i was giving to my wife and inadvertently found a "hidden mode"! a strobe!!! ... well.. sort of.. see.. i was trying to keep the cr2 as short as possible so i didnt really twist it out that far to switch it off. while keeping it into the box, i accidentally pressed the head against the body and it blinked. i tried again and it blinked again. so by keeping the head just slightly into the off position, i can position my fingers in a neat way and get a strobe light out of it. try it, it worked! i did the same for my EZAAw and same thing happened. now i dun need a strobe keychain :D

gaiageek

Newly Enlightened
+1 for the Photon Freedom. I would enable the auto-off function if you're going to keep it in your pocket. I've pulled mine out more than once and found it turned on.