advice on waiting

URZS

Newly Enlightened
i just purchased two eagletac p20c2 lights for my dad and brother.
i know already that they will complain about the runtime of the lights and now that i am reading more about the XP-G R5 i think that it was stupid to order the lights and i should wait.
especially looking at the quark mini saying a runtime of 1.2H at 189 lumens.

would it be reasonable to cancel my order and wait to get them flashlights until a suitable XP-G light comes along? perhaps the quark turbo =/?

Last edited:

bansuri

Enlightened
Regardless of whether it would be reasonable or not you indicate that there is some certainty of them not enjoying your gift fully so it seems like you're bound to have regrets over this purchase.
If they haven't shipped yet I'd cancel. Bookmark the dealers site if they make it easy for you and give them some business later.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's always a brighter LED just over the horizon. Delaying a purchase because of that fact is silly.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree that if you are having buyers remorse, even before you get the lights, you should cancel the order. I am, however, a little confused about them being disappointed with the runtime.

Your OP mentions the 1.2h at 189 lumens. The P20 boasts 300lumen for 1.5h. Wouldn't they be more disapointed with the lower output with the shorter runtime?:thinking:

HeadCSO

Enlightened
If your dad and brother really need lights, then get them.

As to whether you should wait for a newer LED, there will always be better on the way. If you wait, you will never buy anything.

URZS

Newly Enlightened
I agree that if you are having buyers remorse, even before you get the lights, you should cancel the order. I am, however, a little confused about them being disappointed with the runtime.

Your OP mentions the 1.2h at 189 lumens. The P20 boasts 300lumen for 1.5h. Wouldn't they be more disapointed with the lower output with the shorter runtime?:thinking:

thats with 1 cr123.
i'm not even so concerned about the maximum brightness, mostly just runtime but now i see the turbo is only a little longer which is all i see with the xpg =/

they do really need flashlights as they have recently been spending a lot of time fumbling around in the dark

burntoshine

Enlightened
do you really think your dad and brother will complain about your gifts? that wouldn't be very nice of them. are they flashaholics too? the lights you're giving them aren't inefficient enough to complain about in my opinion.

i say go ahead and get them.

...and happy holidays! :santa:

EDIT: i just realized that was 8 days ago. hope it works out.