• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 84W HID Blitz Cannon

Patriot

Flashaholic
84W HID Blitz Cannon (Creator: member BVH)

84WBlitz001.jpg

330 yards
84WBlitz005.jpg

84WBlitz009.jpg

See Full Pictures Here...

Dear CPFers, this is one of the most powerful and best throwing Blitz 240's ever created.

Actual input power consumption to the ballast of 114W with 84W actual output to the 100W bulb for around 9000-9500 lumens. It's fairly compact for a spotlight and very usable with the two stage ballast. Should give around an hour at 84W and about 3 hours on low. It's powered by a 6400mAh lithium polymer (li-po) battery and charges off of any hobby charger capable of charging li-ion/li-po batteries. This is a true 1000+ yard light and I was once able to easily walk along a hill side without a flashlight, with my brother shining the light from 925 yards away, on a moonless night. I'm guessing that it would still provide a reasonable amount of light at a mile or 1760 yards.

See more info from BVH's thread here...

This is the most incredible light I've ever owned and I'm passing on the joy to the next lucky owner. The light is basically the same as purchased from BVH but I painted to top cover to the battery box black and made a few slight changes inside the box. It has full battery protection circuits and a fuse which should continue to provide rock solid, trouble free enjoyment for many years. The bulb is probably just barely broken in judging from BVH's and my combined run time. At 2-3A charge rates, this battery should provide 400-500 full cycles and has probably seen less than 10-12 cycles thus far. You may also charge this battery at up to 6.4A if you're in a hurry but can it will slightly reduce the number of charge cycles. There is a lot of build detail and thought that went into this light and anyone who realizes how BVH is about his projects knows what I'm talking about. Remember, he's our resident 60" Carbon Arc Professor.

If you'd like additional info or pictures of anything specific I can do so, but please read the other links first. :)

Some more of BVH's beamshots comparing the touted 75W Barn Burner. (Keep in mind that BVH's Barn Burner is tweaked to 80W)

The Price is $800 Now $760 Now $740 which includes PP and ground shipping. Tracking and Insurance will be an additional $15. Conus only please.

First "I'll take it" will get the light and Payment should be made within 24 hours of your post. Thanks for looking and good luck! :wave:

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
This should answer some of the size and weight questions..

Size comparison to the Costo HID
Blitz84W001picasa.jpg

Just under 6lbs
Blitz84W002Picasa.jpg

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am "chompin' at the bit" over this one but, as I told Patriot, I have several high-powered lights now that while aren't exactly this beauty, are too similar in many ways to give this immediate consideration... (Barn Burner, MaxaBeam, Polarion PH50).....someone should certainly give this soome very serious consideration though....

Karl

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn you! I have a bunch of cash saved up/pre allocated for a super nice custom, and a few other pieces of ti, carbon fiber, and damascus steel goodness, and now I have to think about this beauty....for which I have ABSOLTUELY no use, besides insane giggles.

Anyway, have a bump!

Patriot

Flashaholic
OH NO! :faint: :broke:
Now I have to go rob a bank
Look what you've done Patriot

If you do....I should mention that I accept tips as well. :laughing:

smokelaw1
now I have to think about this beauty....for which I have ABSOLTUELY no use, besides insane giggles.
It will definitely cause those!! Probably to the point that you'll have to breath in and out of a brown paper bag. ;)

karlthev
I am "chompin' at the bit" over this one but, as I told Patriot, I have several high-powered lights now that while aren't exactly this beauty, are too similar in many ways to give this immediate consideration... (Barn Burner, MaxaBeam, Polarion PH50).....someone should certainly give this soome very serious consideration though....
Hey Karl, thanks for even considering my light, I'm honored. I'm sure it would get along very well with your stable full of thoroughbreds although they may get jealous once the Blitz switches on. :kiss:

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
This is a great light for guys like Karl with his "big dogs" collection but easy enough to be used and enjoyed by a person just starting their HID collection. The light will ship with the fuse removed so the buyer will need to remove the four phillips screws at each corner of the top cover, lift the cover and install the fuse. That's probably about as technical as you'll ever have to get with it.

Maybe you just have a specialized application like long range, rifle shooting at night. If so, this light is for you. Same thing goes if you live on a farm, ranch or somewhere with a large property to survey from your porch. The throw and lumen output capabilities of this light must be seen to be believed.

This light has a two way rocker switch on the battery cover that switches between 35W and 84W. The rubber button trigger on the handle turns the light on and off. The light can be started at either 35W or 84W, whichever the user prefers. Once turned on, the two power modes can be switched between at will, as well. Due to the 16.8V battery (14.8V nominal) the light fires up amazingly fast. At 2-3 seconds the light is producing about 3000 lumens and around 9500 lumens by 10 seconds. For those not familiar with HID start times, that's basically the same rate at which the industry leading Polarion lights start at.

Thanks again for looking.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Patriot gave some very good ideas for practical use of this amazing light. I'm not the most practical guy on the forums but I sure get plenty of use from the "big guns" just in using them for whatever--practical or not.

I don't have long ranges right next to my home but I do a few short miles away for using them in the fashion suggested here. I always "rib" Patriot and others from the great state of Arizona regarding their missing sky components---clouds! I've even heard that some folks out there have mistaken clouds as UFOs!!:nana: Well, out East here in Pennsylvania the Lord has seen fit to bless us with lots (and LOTS!) of clouds---specifically for the purpose of shining lights such as the 84W HID Blitz Cannon at them! Makes for great neighborhood entertainment and, sure does keep the the burglars at bay! Oh well, I told I don't aways use these lights for useful purposes.

Enough of the story telling. This is an amazing light built by one of the most talented modders/builders on the forums and now sold by one of the most honest and respected folks you'll find here as well. Try the light, you'll like it!

Karl

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ever since I saw JetskiMark's Blitz 240 Hotwire mounted on a Pelican case I wanted to build one but never got into hotwires.
Then BVH went and took it to the next level and I drooled.
And after my little excursion last night...
emoticon_robber.gif

I'll take it!
With Tracking and Insurance for $755