Why does a SF Z2 cost 50% more than a 6P?

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lifetime warranty. Over the life of the light, a CombatLight will probably be abused more than a typical flashlight, and bullet impacts are covered by warranty.

Still a pain, though.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I imagine the Z2 is a little trickier to produce over the relatively straight-forward 6P.

-Trevor

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
The G2Z is twice the price of the G2. Probably uses the same number of molding operations, and less plastic.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Z2 doesn't have knurling, but has more contours, plus still has flats-which also intrude upon the section where the body's diameter increases again to meet the bezel. Several extra steps to machine.
Also has the CombatGrip rings, and comes with a lanyard kit, which the 6P doesn't.

rotncore

Newly Enlightened
Because people will pay it? Their prime market is government contracts, the same groups that pay multiple billion for an airplane. What's three digits for a flashlight?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I think it's worth it and I'm not alone so Surefire will keep selling it for that much. :D There isn't anything to get, it's just the price it is for reasons Surefire isn't going to discuss with us. I can speculate that it's because the government likes that model so we get to feel the price hike.

If nobody bought it they still wouldn't drop the price, they would just discontinue that model.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
No/Yes.

ElectonGuru, Moddo, and (very minor role) I are going to be offering black and nat HA soon.
We will take the type 2 black, strip it, then do it in nat if you want. So far the black HA has performed very well and the nat should do so as well.