• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Moddoo in a MD2 body

curtispdx

Enlightened
I didn't really want to sell this but I'm looking to fund another light.

This is a Moddoo (P4, warm tint, flood, 1 mode) mounted in a HA MD2 with the high/low bezel switch.

The bezel and switch have been reamed out a bit for a better fit and it works great!

The low is REALLY low; I'm going to guess that it's in the 10-15 lumen range. It's perfect for navigating around the house in the wee hours of the morning without destroying your night vision.

I think the high compares well with my Malkoff MCE (also for sale).

It's a nice combination and I'm tempted to keep it.

$135 and I'll cover the fees and shipping.

2i9o687.jpg

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will reluctantly have to retract my :takeit: (first time I've ever had to do this to my knowledge). I just can't afford the extra expense on an additional light even though this is a great deal. As a penance for my withdrawal, I'll throw in a little something extra to the winner of this light.

curtispdx

Enlightened
As a penance for my withdrawal, I'll throw in a little something extra to the winner of this light.[/QUOTE]

No worries. ;) (Besides, I really like this light and won't be disappointed if I end up keeping it. :D)

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you describe in more detail how you did the reaming and where you reamed the bezel and two-stage switch? Did you open up the bezel's aperture so that the Moddoo triple LEDs are completely unblocked, except perhaps just the barest sliver of each of the 3 optic lenses so that the optic itself can still be held in by bezel (for Moddoo triples with optics that aren't glued in)?

curtispdx

Enlightened
Can you describe in more detail how you did the reaming and where you reamed the bezel and two-stage switch? Did you open up the bezel's aperture so that the Moddoo triple LEDs are completely unblocked, except perhaps just the barest sliver of each of the 3 optic lenses so that the optic itself can still be held in by bezel (for Moddoo triples with optics that aren't glued in)?

My buddy, russthetoolman, did the work on his lathe. Opening up the hole in the bezel really didn't make much of a difference, beam-wise, but, yes, the LEDS are now unblocked.

In regards to the lens, I believe that this one was glued on but even if it wasn't, the bezel would hold it in place.

It really turned out nice.

Latest posts