I've broken my Nitecore Extreme??

Matt7337

Enlightened
I just took my Nitecore extreme apart this morning to clean and lubricate it, and have reassembled it exactly as i disassembled it, and now it isn't working! :( Afger removing the head from the body, I took the bezel off, the small brass ring out, the plastic and brass positive terminal out, cleaned the head to body threads and the bezel to head threads and reassembled the whole thing. *I didn't touch the tailcap/ switch because it was operating perfectly. *Maybe someone knows something I don't about putting these back together again, I may be missing something obvious or it may be a little trickier but the light went back together fine but is non responsive now. I'll post pics later once I get them, but maybe someone can make a suggestion as to What might be wrong in the meantime.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
strange, ive had mine apart loads without problems, when the head was apart was the big out side spring hugging the brass nicely when you put it back in ? what did you clean it with ? it dosnt like anything on the brass contacts or on the tail side above the threads.
try a fresh cell ?

Matt7337

Enlightened
Yeah the large outer spring is hugging the brass nicely. I cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol and a small circuit cleaning brush (mini toothbrush). Relubricated the threads with Nyogel. I assumed the brass contacts would need cleaned and they're pristine. I wouldd try a new cell in it right now if I had one but stupidly I haven't a spare on me (for possibly the first time ever!). I'll try a fresh one in it when I get home but I don't see that being the problem - I charged this one just last night.

I'm stumped :/

Last edited:

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
just took mine apart to have a look, apart from a batt problem, and everything being clean the only thing that might of happened is the central positive brass contact that sits inside the white plastic holder hasnt been pushed in properly, mine was stiff to push in after taking it out, i would have thought the gold spring from the LE would have sorted that though. worth a look, might not be making positive contact...
im out of ideas now - theres not alot to these little things !

Matt7337

Enlightened
Well, I've just arrived home and dropped a different AW RCR 123A cell into my Extreme and it's fine! The other AW cell that was working fine up until I dismantled the light earlier today is now totally dead. I have no idea what might have caused this and what's even stranger about it is the cell is putting out current. I put a multimeter on it and it's putting out 3.9V but it won't work in any of my lights.

Confused, but glad that it's a £6 cell rather than a whole new light that I need!

Thanks for your help mate :)