• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SF KL3 2nd Gen - Direct Drive Mod - 2nd price cut

DCarlton

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

Just moved this to the correct forum.

I need money so unfortunatly im having to put up for sell this rare modded KL3 Gen2 I carried out a couple of years ago. Direct Drive so will only work off one 3.7v lithium-ion, do not use two 3v cr123's.Never been out of the house really / maybe to a lake to beam test once or twice thats it (it was well protected during transit anyway).

101120091218.jpg

Its absolutly mint, apart from a tiny spot of annodising missing (from new) from the end wher the body meets, its not visable when on a body see in the pic below at the 6 o'clock position.

101120091224.jpg

I managed to open the front bezle and rear threaded section that mates with the flash light body with out any marks. Removed the plastic standoff and the current limiting circuit. Soldered new leads through the stand off to the battery/body contacts and fed them throught to the led. Its a great light! If you like the surefire KL3 optics then you'll like the additional lumens.

101120091223.jpg

131120091228.jpg

131120091229.jpg

Asking for $125 - $115 *** Now $105 *** Including shipping to Canada / USA / Europe - pp to [email protected] (was posted in CPFMP B/S/T - Lights)
I will happilly ship elsewhere but contact me for costs via pm.

No thread lock has been used so if you want to upgrade the led or add a driver its possible.

Dan

Last edited:

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
What did you replace the original LED with and what is the approximate output / runtime?

DCarlton

Newly Enlightened
Hello the origional LED is still in there, I have some nice LUX 3's at home UVOJ I think if anyone wants one of those installed.

Not sure of run time would not expect more than ~30min before terminal volts of the battery drop below the LED fwd voltage and dimming will occurs.

I'll put it on the light meter when I return home form work and do a run time test.

Cheers

Dan