KL4/E1e combo working or not?

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
I seems to be getting conflicting messages about SF KL4/E1e compatibility. What are your findings?

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe one member got around 24 minutes of run time. It never reached full brightness on the E1e. BTW, to those that have the KL4 and KL1, how much brighter is the KL4 to the KL1?

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

There is really no comparison between the two - It's like the difference between a V8 Toyota truck and a V4 something else! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The KL4 is in a class of its own! If you didn't already, you should purchase one or two! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Order tonight on-line and you'll have it on Thursday!

Dan.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
From eye-sight comparison, I'd say about 4 times as bright, with a heck of a lot more side spill, and whiter rather than bluer...

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

V8TOYOTATRK,

No problem - I hope to get your business next time. If you decide that you could use two, just send me an e-mail or give me a call. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep... It's a little hard to judge, because the E1/KL1 doesn't have much in the way of sidespill, but if you were to count for total light output by eyesight, I'd say the L4 is about 4x as bright as the KL1 on the E1x...

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, I just took a fresh SF123 from a box, stuck it into the E1/KL1 (I was afraid that the previous cell was a little exhausted before), and this is what I got:

I'm getting a peak 763 Lux on my L4...

And a peak 512 Lux on my E1/KL4...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

That's what the numbers say, and that's what I'm stickin' to... I'm quite surprised...

RY3

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
And a peak 512 Lux on my E1/KL4...

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif That's about 2x brighter than ARC LS, isn't it? Sound like a cool toy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif even for a short run time. Some of the SF with HOLA have only 20 min run time as well, right?

Does it still produce "useful" output after 20 min?

Thanks

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a crude runtime (just an hour or so ago), and it's about 22-25 minutes before the cell starts dimming... I didn't leave it on long enough for the cell to be completely dead, but from what I gather on it dying pretty quickly, it's not going to last long afterwards...

It's great if you need a bright light in a really small package (or for the Wow factor), but its runtime's not too good... (makes me think of an SF HOLA's runtime)...

emann

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
I did a crude runtime (just an hour or so ago), and it's about 22-25 minutes before the cell starts dimming... I didn't leave it on long enough for the cell to be completely dead, but from what I gather on it dying pretty quickly, it's not going to last long afterwards...

It's great if you need a bright light in a really small package (or for the Wow factor), but its runtime's not too good... (makes me think of an SF HOLA's runtime)...

[/ QUOTE ] Even at 22 minutes with the E1e/KL4 though you're only using one battery as opposed to two in the E2e/KL4. Changing batteries once will give you 44 minutes with the E1e/KL4 so really you're only losing 20 minutes or so of bright light runtime, right? That's not that bad if as long as you don't use the light for extended periods of time very often.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alan, the KL4 has such a wide beam that it's hard to discertain how far it actually throws. It can illuminate a tree about 4 complexes to the right of my own apartment, and that's about 100 feet (25 feet each complex). And the KL1 could barely even reach that at all. This, with some very minor light pollution from a few apartment windows around it...

Now this is with the L4... I haven't tried it with the E1/KL4 yet...

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
emann, I would use the E1/KL1 when I need to have the KL4 in a super-small package. The runtime's a little shorter, but I would agree that it's quite an attractive package...

You do sacrafice brightness as well, though, as by the lux readings I've got...

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, and I forgot... You guys can also put this on your UBHs or McLux 3X123s (with wall spacers) and drive it off of NiMhs or Alks... Quite convenient as well...

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
Alan, the KL4 has such a wide beam that it's hard to discertain how far it actually throws. It can illuminate a tree about 4 complexes to the right of my own apartment, and that's about 100 feet (25 feet each complex).

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey! Were you just doing that a second ago? I think I saw you! Did you see me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I just fixed my clickie switch!

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, I used the E20's switch for mine (just switched it out)...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
Oh, and I forgot... You guys can also put this on your UBHs or McLux 3X123s (with wall spacers) and drive it off of NiMhs or Alks... Quite convenient as well...

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you tried this ? I´m anxiously waiting for any such report ......

Klaus