Wolf Eyes Ak6

pipspeak

Enlightened
certainly looks more attractive than the TK40... I doubt it'll come close to 700 lumens, however. Still, around 400 would be nice :devil:

Daylo

Newly Enlightened
The Pilot Whale hits 1000 lumens with a 6 die LED which is 166 lumens per die so if the AK6 is running 4 dies of the same bin, it should hit 666 lumens. This could be one bad light :devil:

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like it might be in stock at PTS since the pre-order link is gone.

davidt

Enlightened
Looks like it is available for order on the PTS website. Specs for the flashlight still aren't posted on PTS' website so I went to wolf-eye's website and most of the important stats are posted. Its probably the most handsome of all multi AA/multi die lights in my opinion. I'll list the official stats from wolf-eyes website below.

http://www.wolf-eyes.com/product/AK6 Detail.html

I'm pretty excited about this light.

Components
- 1 x D38 OSRAM 4in1 Digital LED-lamp assembly 6V-12V
- 1 x AK6 Bezel / body
- 1 x BM 6 x AA Battery magazine
- 6 x Li-Fe AA battery 2900mAH
- 1 x AK6 tactical tailcap
- 1 x gift box
- 1 x lanyard

Optional:
- Li-Fe AA battery 2900mAH

Feature
- OSRAM OSTAR LE UW S2W LED with lifespan of 100,000 hours
- Anti-roll, slip-resistant body design
- 6 stages of output, digitally regulated output, maintains constant brightness
- Ultra output with highest brightness of 650lumens with 6 x wolf-eyes Li-FE AA battery
- Powered by 6 x AA (Alkaline, Ni-MH, Li-FE) batteries, inexpensive and widely available (3.7V LRBAA and 14500 battery are excluded!)
- Aerospace-grade Aluminum body, HA III Military grade hard anodized in black
- Waterproof: IPX-8 standard

Specifications
Model: AK6
LED: OSRAM OSTAR LE UW S2W LED
Max Output: 650 Lumens
Reflector:OP aluminum reflector
Material:aircraft aluminum alloy
Finish: HA III Military grade hard anodized
Battery: 6 x AA battery (Alkaline, Ni-MH, Li-FE)
Switch: Rapid switch between Morse-on and lock-on with over 50,000 times life cycle.
Waterproof: IPX-8 standard
Dimension: Bezel diameter 45.7mm, body diameter 39mm, Overall length 192mm
Weight: 345g
Operation Temperature: -25℃-60℃
Output & Runtime:
- With 6 X Li-FE AA Battery: 300lumens(5.5hrs)->100lumens(12.5hrs)->18lumens(66hrs)->650lumens(2.5hrs)-> strobe->SOS

I'm still unsure what the UI is.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw that last week on the PTS website. I'd have sprung for one if the UI were better. Wolf Eyes lights are generally about as rugged as they come.

Flashlight Enthusiast
The UI is the same as the other wolfeyes and has a forward clicky, according to what Mike told me two weeks ago.

Liteskr42

Newly Enlightened
One little thing that bothers me about WE lights is that for the money they dont use AR coated lenses. Just a plain old piece of glass. For that kinda change they should be using the best componenets throughout.

Flashlight Enthusiast
So how's the UI on other wolfeyes flashlights?

Its high, med, low, then high, med, low,( done by soft clicking or turning it on & off) then if you cycle through that quickly you enter strobe mode and SOS.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody have one of these? I was just wondering what somebody's opinion on the light was, that actually owned it. I am close to pulling the trigger on it, but need a little more convincing! :cool: I love my TK40 and am thinking this would be similar, but heavier and more robust, like the other WE lights I own.

Flashlight Enthusiast
AK6 is feels more sturdy than the TK40 though in terms of brightness the Tk40 is brighter and i had the UI wrong. It uses a forward clicky and it starts off (lumens) 200, 18, 100, 300, 650, strobe, SOS all done by half pressing it.

Cray

Newly Enlightened
What is this led's color bin? Is it a cooler or warmer tint? Does it have momentary-on capability?