will these new AW 18650 2600mAh work..

Hacken

Enlightened
can anyone give me a answer to see if these AW 18650 2600mAh batteries will work in the eagletac t20c2 flashlight? I have two on the way already and hope it works with no problem..

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
The flat tops on the AW 2600 mAh 18650 cells will cause contact issues with most (all?) lights that do not have a spring or a contact "pin" at the the head.

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
There have been a few recent threads on the Eagletac lights and the new AW 18650 in the /batteries subforum... ;)

(The issue is apparently the lack of a protruding pos+ button for those cells. Otherwise, they are great cells, I like mine very much.)

Edit: LOL, BR beat me by seconds... ;)
Edit #2: However, in his haste to post he down-rated those cells by ~1000 mAh tho... ;)x2
AW 1600 mAh 18650 cells

Last edited:

Hacken

Enlightened
thanks for the replies guys. i will just send them back when they arrived and just get two of those eagletac 2400mAh ones instead..

Hacken

Enlightened
The flat tops on the AW 2600 mAh 18650 cells will cause contact issues with most (all?) lights that do not have a spring or a contact "pin" at the the head.

I wonder if anyone has done any modification on it to work?

WHT_GE8

Enlightened
Going to hijack for a second, will these work in a Jetbeam JET-III M? Should I just get the 2200mAh button tops?

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could use a rare earth magnet to resolve the contact issue, but there is the risk of the magnet slipping and possibly causing a short.

It's not worth the risk IMO.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'm not sure how easily and if the light can be taken apart. But if it can, won't adding a small solder blob, spring, or something fix the issue? Or would that cause problems with the tailcap not tightening down all the way.

Hacken

Enlightened
I'm not sure how easily and if the light can be taken apart. But if it can, won't adding a small solder blob, spring, or something fix the issue? Or would that cause problems with the tailcap not tightening down all the way.

dont want to take the chance of screwing a light up..