• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: PD Clicky Pak and Sundrop XP light engine

fyrstormer

Banned
Two items up for sale today.

The first is a vintage PD Clicky Pak from the days of the McGizmo XR19. It works with any McGizmo or Arc PD-style light and gives the light about 1/2" more length to hold onto, which is especially useful if you use it on an Arc6 or one of the flare-head Gizmos. This Pak also goes very well with a Lunasol from a functional standpoint, since you can hit the switch to turn it on/off and twist the head to change between flood and spot modes; in fact, I already have one on my Lunasol 20 and I like it much better that way.

It is different from the newer PD Clicky Paks currently for-sale in two ways: 1) the clip is longer, and 2) the tailcap is hollow on the back instead of sloped inward towards the switch, which I imagine would be easier to use if you have big thumbs.

CIMG3579.jpg

The one for sale is on the left. The one on the right shows the differences between this PD Clicky Pak and the newer ones. I've already replaced the stiff rubber switch boot with a nice soft silicone one, because I'm such a swell guy. :) I can swap out the longer clip for the shorter one if you'd prefer. $125 including USPS flat-rate shipping, check/MO is accepted but Paypal is preferred. First "I'll take it!" gets it.

- - -

The second item is an Aleph-compatible Sundrop XP light engine. This light engine is designed to run on 6 volts instead of 3 volts (see second picture), so it would be useful if you wanted to use your Sundrop or Mule head with a 2-cell Clicky Pak. It will also fit in older Aleph-style lights that have 2-cell battery tubes, though it might be necessary to adjust the reflector position to get it to sit perfectly on the face of the emitter. As far as I know, this emitter has a lambertian beam pattern, so it should work fine with any reflectors designed for Seoul or Luxeon emitters.

CIMG3577.jpg

CIMG3578.jpg

This emitter definitely makes the closest thing to incandescent light I've ever seen out of an LED, but unfortunately I just don't have a suitable light to use it with -- all of mine are single-cell lights. Maybe someone else can use it. $75 including USPS flat-rate shipping, check/MO is accepted but Paypal is preferred. First "I'll take it!" gets it.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Re: FS: PD Clicky Pak and Sundrop XP light engine.

What condition is the McClicky Pack in?

Thanks....
Mint. It came from a light that sat in someone's fire safe for a few years. The finish shows machining lines big enough to feel with your fingernail, but they are not big enough to feel with your fingertip. It also looks like those machining lines have been shined a bit, but that could just be how all the items in that particular batch turned out.

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: PD Clicky Pak [SPF] and Sundrop XP light engine.

Hello, fyrstormer.

one question.

Is this SD XP LE workable with single 17670, or 18650 Rechargeable battery ? :)

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks & is it 3 spds ?

fyrstormer

Banned

No, it is only a single-speed. I don't know if there are any Sundrop XP emitters that are 3-speed.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great price for the PD clicky body...:faint:

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now the Sun Drop will be reunited with the original host! Proline is a purist and I am glad the original will now be restored to what Don intended it to be! :thumbsup: :) I better stick to appraising houses rather than modifying flashlights!