Help me decide (AAA lights)

yowzer

Enlightened
I'd like to replace the stainless LD01 that lives on my keychain with a similarly sized, lighter weight light. For a keychain light, I prefer bare metal -- anodization just doesn't stand a chance against my keys, change, a knife, and whatever else is living in that pocket. To save weight, I'm leaning towards titanium, which means either the new 4sevens Preon, or the soon-to-be-released IlluminaTI CA1. I like the looks of the latter better, but I prefer the output levels of the Preon. The Liteflux LF2XT is really attractive too, except for being anodized Al. And I'm sure there's at least one or two other lights I'm overlooking.

(I'm trying to stick with AA and AAA for my flashlights because that's what all my non-light electronics use; the fewer battery types I have to juggle, the better/easier it is for me.)

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here're 2 more non-ano AAAs for keychain duties; Peak Eiger 10440 SS and Sapphire.

maskman

Newly Enlightened
First of all, +1 for the LF2XT. It's my favorite AAA keychain light. Ok, you sound like a candidate for using a leather pouch to protect the ano on your keychain lights. These pouches were made for small pocket knives, but they work great for protecting keychain lights. Granted it takes 1.5 seconds longer to get at your light to use it and some of us don't have that much time. The pouch is made from soft suede leather and weighs .1 ounce so essentially you'll never feel the weight. I recommend a Sampo ballbearing swivel or similar to reach between your larger key splitring and the light inside the pouch. I also attach a McGizmo clip on the swivel, but not everyone cares for the added length of the clip. The attached photo shows three pouches. I find the smaller one works great, it's for items up to 3.5 inches long. If your at all interested and have difficultly finding them you can purchase one from http://www.xxcutlery.com/detail.aspx?ID=451. The $1 shipping is a rarity in itself, but the pouches are very reasonably priced. No, I'm not associated with the site. Ok, here's the goods.

CA9066.jpg

This is also what my IlluminaTi will go into, once it arrives. :popcorn:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ITP A3 EOS 3 mode version running on AAA cell,put it on a decent thin lanyard and wear it around your neck with a decent chrome detach on it,works a treat and within a few seconds you will never know it is there,cracking little light.

For a nice chrome detach scour the aviation hobbyists sites they have some really nice ones with the logo of your choice, they seem to collect lanyards like members here collect lights.:)