Cart Before Horse (JetBeam)

pobox1475

Enlightened
I have both AW 14500 and 2200mAh 18650 protected cells sitting idle. Have been lusting after a warm JetBeam with OP reflector. Want it to have good throw capabilities. Seems my only options are The III M and Jet I Pro V3. Can any one contrast some of the nuances between the two I may be overlooking beyond III M less lms but larger reflector and longer run time & probably = more throw. Pro I V3 smaller with higher lms and a fraction of III M's run times. I already have the following and wish to compliment them with a little different benefit (more throw?):

Surefire L2 in BOB w/spare cells
Quark warm standard 123 in sheath on EDB strap
Quark Warm Tac 123x2 used around house (most utilized)
Fenix E01 on key chain

The Jet's primary role will be outdoor use in yards and possibly night fishing or other woods activities.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Interface and size - the Jet I has the full IBS interface which allows you to set three of your own modes, the M has only two modes, one settable and one max. And size-wise, the M is more hand-sized like a service Surefire, while the Jet I is only about 4". Either has very good throw, all current JetBeams are very throw-oriented.

I personally would prefer the Jet I just because of the more pocketable size, broader range and availabilty of batteries, and the IBS interface. But the M is a winner for what it is, a straightforward serious tactical light. It comes down to your preference.