Artistic Beamshots Thread (?)

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was there ever a thread for artistic style photos of beamshots? I'm talking about photos taken just for the sake of aesthetics, more than for comparison of one light to another. I don't remember seeing a thread like that before :thinking:

Anyway, if such a thread doesn't exist, maybe we could start one here if people have photos to post. I miss some of those photos you used to see here where guys went into deep basement caverns and dark forests and places like that to take photos of their light blazing a swath through the darkness!

The one rule for the artistic beamshot thread would be NO wall shots! :p

gsxrac

Enlightened
Actually there is a light painting gallery in another forum I'm a member of. A lot of the stuff was done with "cheap" lights but it is AMAZING what some people can do with a couple lights and a camera. You might have to register but im not sure? If you cant see that one this one is also amazing!

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a UK photography forum with a thread on light painting (places the go into are underground, totally black. The creator sets camera on a long exposure and 'paints' the surroundings with different lights or in different patterns - results are striking, and a few were very fun.
(link is saved at work, i'm at home)

gsxrac

Enlightened
:faint:

Thanks dude! :popcorn:
Heres another one just in case you didnt find it off the second site. Just browse around the different gallery's :twothumbs Looks like they're sponsored by LED Lenser? And if you look at the gallery for LAPP 2009- NATURE that looks like more of what the OP was requesting. Less of the art form and more of a beamshot pic in a cool place!

Last edited:

1 what

Enlightened
Hi Stress Test,
I rather like artistic beamshots.
Here's one of my favourites.
1484847il5.jpg

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool photos!

And thanks for the links to those sites too!

:thumbsup: