Ra Clicky owners answer me this....

Krotchitty

Newly Enlightened
Is it normal for the clicky (140 gt) to flash off / on when changing modes?

Mine is shutting off briefly when clicking from primary to secondary and so on... I find this brief flash quite annoying and wonder if it is "normal" or not. I don't remember if my other Ra (sold it) did the same thing but I don't think so.

I understand the circuit needs to understand if I'm turning off the light or switching modes with each click, but no matter how quickly I click, there is a moment that the light turns off, then resumes at the original level, then changes to the level directed to with the clicks.

If it makes a difference, it appears to be the older style tailcap with 4 small holes along the bottom of the tailswitch and I think it is not removeable.

thanks for shedding light on this.... :confused:

Last edited:

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it normal for the clicky (140 gt) to flash off / on when changing modes?

Mine is shutting off briefly when clicking from primary to secondary and so on... I find this brief flash quite annoying and wonder if it is "normal" or not. I don't remember if my other Ra (sold it) did the same thing but I don't think so.

I understand the circuit needs to understand if I'm turning off the light or switching modes with each click, but no matter how quickly I click, there is a moment that the light turns off, then resumes at the original level, then changes to the level directed to with the clicks.

If it makes a difference, it appears to be the older style tailcap with 4 small holes along the bottom of the tailswitch and I think it is not removeable.

thanks for shedding light on this.... :confused:

This is entirely normal. The light thinks after one press that you wish to turn off the light. As you press the button a second time quickly, it then goes to primary/secondary modes.

So don't worry, all is well.

James....:)

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to try to have less time between clicks also. I have noticed that sometimes if I click too slow then what you described happens.

Good luck.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Yes, it's perfectly normal. Mine does it too, and if you think about it, there's not really any way around it.

The only way to avoid this would be for the circuit to wait for a third of a second to see if a second click was coming.

But this would mean that you'd get a third-of-a-second delay after a single click before the light switched off. The same when switching on. The slight flicker when switching modes is a price worth paying for an instant response when switching on and off, IMHO.