Eagletac P20A2

fannin

Enlightened
hi guys

i have been looking for a 2xAA light for a while now and had chosen the fenix ld20, having seen the upgraded pd30 with better knurling and upgraded led i was looking forward to a similarly upgraded ld20. unfortunately the upgrade to the ld20 seems to be a clip and some aesthetic only lines added to the tailcap area and no led upgrade.

so i have been looking at alternatives, i liked the fenix tk20 but am put off by the size/weight and now am considering the Eagletac P20A2.(http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/eagletac/eagletac-p20a2.html)

it seems that it is in between the fenix ld20 and tk20 in size and weight but outperforms them both. i do not like the looks of it at all, and do not like the modes of light either but i am primarily concerned with brightness and can live with the modes and styling.

i like the jetbeam jet-1 pro ex v3.0 r2 also but it is considerably more expensive, more than i can spend.

my question is, how is the quality and build quality of the eagletac p20a2, it it as good as the fenix lights?

thanks

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll leave the quality of Eagle P20A2 compare to Fenix lights question to others. It might turn out to be fun or ugly. :sweat:

Another 2AA for consideration is Lumpower Vantage.

fannin

Enlightened
Lumapower Vantage looks beautiful but difficult to source in u.k.

thanks buddy

Rod911

Enlightened
There are a number of dealers in the UK as noted by the Lumapower website here.

Regarding the quality of their lights, I personally own a T10L and T20C2 (neutral white) and find the quality quite high. I have dropped both lights three feet onto timber floors and have kept them dunked under water for 2 hours without any ill affects. However, there was that fairly recent sale from 47's here where a few users noted quality issues with their light within that thread.

The interface on the P20A2 is the same as the T20C2. If you turn your light on and off and back on again in quick succession, remember that this will activate the strobe. Many have commented that this is an annoying feature of the light, and I'd have to agree. Having said that, it's a hindrance I can live with; I mean, it's not really that difficult to turning the light off and on again once the strobe has been activated.

edit: I do love using the T20C2 with its included white diffuser. It's pretty much on there all the time and the 'wall of light' it produces is great for indoor use and making the low mode a tad bit lower which I prefer.

Last edited:

aimawayfromface

Newly Enlightened
I just recently dropped my P20A2 onto concrete from about 4-5 feet and it survived as well as my L2D from the same height, ie quite a few scratches in the ano, but no significant denting or effect on performance. I don't think there is too much difference between the two in build quality.

Just make sure you get the updated version which has better (ie harder to activate) strobe action.