Dereelight Javelin

pipspeak

Enlightened
I guess this is perhaps not shipping yet since there's barely any mention of it on these boards, but does anyone have a Dereelight Javelin in hand? It looks like it could be one of the better AA throwers since it takes P60 drop-ins (I presume the standard Dereelight ones, 2.8-4.2V), but it's hard to tell because the head looks like no other Dereelight.

Last edited:

Speedball

Newly Enlightened
It has peaked my curiosity and am thinking about getting one as an early Christmas present to myself.

Haven't seen much talk about it either here at the forum, don't know why:confused:

HKJ

Flashaholic
I guess this is perhaps not shipping yet since there's barely any mention of it on these boards, but does anyone have a Dereelight Javelin in hand? It looks like it could be one of the better AA throwers since it takes P60 drop-ins (I presume the standard Dereelight ones, 2.8-4.2V), but it's hard to tell because the head looks like no other Dereelight.

Shipping takes time, mine was shipped last week and I hope it will arrive this coming week.
You have to watch out for P60 voltage, 2xAA is below 2 volt (When uses and with max. brightness), with the AA extender for Javelin or the C2H body, you can uses LiIon and get enough voltage for a 2.8-4.2 volt dropin.

rhotondm

Newly Enlightened
Flashcrazy just listed these lights on his site yesterday. He posted a thread about them in the marketplace.

pipspeak

Enlightened
yeah, saw the thread in the marketplace and runtimes on 2xAA (high) was being quoted at about an hour, which sounds reasonable. Looking forward to the reviews :popcorn:

zven

Enlightened
Well I'm sure glad I read the these forums. Seems like a light like this should have come out long ago - bravo Dereelight! Now to wait for the reviews...

Speedball

Newly Enlightened
( Previous deleted comment was about another light)

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The hosts itself is only $28 dollars and most of us already have M30's from Gene and I have a 4.2v Deerelight drop-in already too.

Now, they are out of stock. Will have to stock the market place for when they are back in stock.

gnlw

Newly Enlightened
Anyone get one of these yet? Looking forward to any reviews.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Like others, I am awaiting a review of this light. I had considered buying the Fenix TK20, but a P60 AA light would be really fantastic.

fa__

Newly Enlightened
I have just ordered a Javelin this morning, after talkin with Alan about other parts ;)
On paypal screen I discovered that Javelin went to XPG-R5 while being still described as XRE R2 on the website . I hope it's true :D

MustardMan

Newly Enlightened
Confirmed by Alan, I actually will get an XPG R5 :twothumbs

So THAT explains why the price went up. I ordered the cheaper R2 version. They are gifts anyway, so I don't care if they are the latest and greatest :D

chrisWELD

Newly Enlightened
I've an R2 "shorty" version with additional AA extender on its way to me - like the idea of good throw and 3 levels on 1xRCR123 / 14500.

I guess the XPG version won't throw quite so well, although it'll be 40% or so brighter...

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I managed to get lucky and got my order for the Javelin hosts with 3 AA compatibiliy. My plan is to have MrGman test one of Naibender SST-50 drop-in modules for me. I know that direct drive with a single IMR 18650 the current is insane at 5.68A at the tail, so I opted for a 2.5A driver. In previous tests the IMR 18650 at 2.8A sags quite a bit and I hope that 3 AA NiMH cells will sag less and more OTF numbers will be had. My goal is 300~350.:candle:

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
A week ago, I began to EDC a 3AA Javelin with Eneloop cells. For my module, I'm alternating between an M30WF and a NailBender direct-drive warm MC-E. Both work great when driven by 3AAs, but I'm planning to add a second extender to run a 4AA Javelin. With 4 AAs, the M30WF will stay longer in regulation, while the direct-drive MC-E will be brighter.

The one downside of the Javelin 3AA is that the extender is a bit too narrow to allow an Eneloop to be removed by gravity; you have to whack the Javelin against something to force out the final two cells. With two such extender, it might be easier to unscrew the tail and the head.