What's your going out/dress up light?

jackthedog

Newly Enlightened
Last night was a dark and stormy night (not really but it sounds cooler) and I was going out to dinner at a nicer restaurant. Given that I am addicted to flashlights, I was trying to figure out what light to bring. I finally settled on a Romisen RC-A4 II (roughly the size of the NiteCore Extreme, picture below). Unfortunately, given the dress pants I was wearing, the pockets ballooned out and looked pretty bad. So, I ended up leaving the light in my jacket in the car.

Long story short, it lead me to wonder, what do you all carry if you're going out and/or are dressed in more formal clothes?

photo023.jpg

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
No photo as I'm at work, but I'll try to remember when I get back to my apt to take one.

Aeon in Dark Blue HAIII (CR2 based light) with a AOTH holster wtih flap in black stingray - VERY nice.

If something a bit larger is desired - either of McGizmo LS20 / PD-S / Haiku with a AOTH Black Aligator holster with flap. WAAAAY nice :devil:

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 4D Mag on my belt, of course. :laughing:

Generally an Akoray K-105 in my pants pocket, and usually some sort of 18650 or 14500 in a jacket pocket. Plus my keys have a LH fauxton with 10mm LED. However I expect the EZ-AA will be taking over from the K-105 once I make a clip for it.

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm suprised none of the chimera owner's have opined their lights.
In brief, Saberwolf made a flatish, rectangular light, variable output mc-e emitter, about the size of a small wad of bills. He reports creating it to address much the same issues as you describe.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The key is to carry small lights that are not noticeable. What the light looks like only matters to the owner. I am able carry both my Maratac AAA and Zebralight H501 everywhere I go. They just disappear in the pockets or on my belt.

Roberts30

Enlightened
The key is to carry small lights that are not noticeable. What the light looks like only matters to the owner. I am able carry both my Maratac AAA and Zebralight H501 everywhere I go. They just disappear in the pockets or on my belt.
+1 on smaller sized lights.. I carry a Nitecore EX10 everyday and you can't even notice it clipped in my pocket. :thumbsup:

jackthedog

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking of taking the plunge into the AAA market, with either a iTP or Fenix EO1. Though the new iTP A1 looks intriguing.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long story short, it lead me to wonder, what do you all carry if you're going out and/or are dressed in more formal clothes?

I have the lights, but not the clothes you speak of.

More formal is for me the same as what I wear every day : A Levis 501 and some kind of t-shirt or pullover.

No holsters for me, a Ra Clicky, Nitecore EX10 or Dereelight C2H in the front pocket is what I need! :)

jackthedog

Newly Enlightened
ZaVoo, that Ti Preon is nice. It might push me over the edge.

fyrstormer, what brand are those lights?

Great photos. My only other option for a small, not too bulky light is a Gerber Infinity Ultra. Great runtime, but let's face it, I really need something with an obscene amount of lumens.

Narcosynthesis

Newly Enlightened
I would go for a Fenix LD01 - a nice neatly sized light that is fairly inconspicuous in most pockets and gives a great output for its size if needed.