Maratac 9290 AA Tactical Flashlight

mccririck

Enlightened
Is this a good flashlight and what are it's competitors like?

Last edited:

radu1976

Enlightened
Re: Maratic 9290 AA Tactical Flashlight

I have one..not bad. Longer than mostly of the 1xAA lights...
Be carefoul...the combination between OP and SMO reflecor gives a beam with a smaller than expected hotspot - considering the reflector size - . For instance , the AKORAY K106 has a smoother beam.
Regulated for about 1hr - MAX - with 14500s

shark_za

Enlightened
Quality is good but the beam profile is like he says, very small hotspot with spill that could be a little brighter.

I have the iTP version.
I use my C7 in C8 format more as I don't have good 14500's and the brightness with 2xAA makes the not so good beam pattern usable.

*add*
The specs on the suppliers site lists 6-190 lumens, this is only true with the 14500 and 2XAA voltages.
On 1.2-1.7v you will get a max of about 110. (compared to other AA lights like my LD10 in ceiling bounce)

Last edited:

chaosmagnet

Newly Enlightened
It's the largest single AA flashlight I've got. Great beam. Super-smooth action on twisting the head for changing output. I really like the way it fits in my hand, the "fins" make it easy to change output one-handed. Mine hasn't suffered from any abuse but feels tough and like it would take a lot of punishment. Mine had a bad tail clicky out of the box.