DealExtreme Good Service/Fast Shipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greebe

Newly Enlightened
I wanted to order this [link removed -DM51] from DealExtreme that is in stock and need it by this coming Saturday at the latest. Do they tend to ship things fast? Do you think it would be possible to get the light by this coming Saturday if I ordered it tonight?

Also it seems that the general opinion on this forum is that this is a decent light for the money. Any opinions?

Thanks
Greebe

Last edited by a moderator:

EXCALIBUR1

Newly Enlightened
I've always had good service and shipping times from [link removed -DM51]

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
IBTL :)

This thread should really be in the Marketplace.

If everything I want is really in stock, I get my orders in about a week if Canada Customs are on the ball.

Greebe

Newly Enlightened
Holy Cow!!!:huh: I guess that is what you get for free shipping. Bummer!!:mecry:

I guess I wont be ordering it then. Anywhere else I could get it quickly? I don't might paying a few bucks for shipping.

Thanks
Greebe

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
Never had a shipment from dx in less than 2 weeks...So, if you really need it asap, get it from somewhere else, which is not a couple of thousand miles away.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
If something goes wrong with your order, and you need to reach customer service; be prepared for a headache.

As far as shipping goes, I've heard DX has gotten a bit better in that department, but waiting up to several months for an order to arrive is not uncommon.

merrimac

Newly Enlightened
after placing a " in stock " order and never getting any response as to the status of my order, six weeks later I did receive a refund, customer service is non existent...no 800 # or anyway to contact a real person...

greenLED

Flashaholic
I've had mixed experiences with them. Some stuff gets here in a couple of weeks, while others... 2 months and counting...

kramer5150

Flashaholic
All ~20 of my orders arrived in 2 weeks. One item took about a month because it was not in stock. My shortest was in 5 days. One time they sent a wrong item. it took 3 weeks in total to get my order corrected. I have had no problems with DX.

Last edited:

Greg G

Enlightened
If you order from them watch them like a hawk. I placed a relatively big order with them and they sent it to me in multiple shipments. The last items, some drivers, had not come, so I finally e-mailed them and they told me I had waited too long to say something. They also wanted pics of the envelopes they had shipped the other parts in showing the missing items weren't there.....? What? Like that proves anything? So I got stiffed.

Pay with Paypal, and if you don't have all of your items before the time for a claim expires, which will likely happen, file a claim before it's too late.

sabre7

Enlightened
Overall good experience with them. Orders arrive in about 3 wks. Had to return an item, their email customer service stayed in contact and even offered to reimburse my return shipping costs. I think this thread will get moved though.

Ajay

Enlightened
They also wanted pics of the envelopes .

Yep I had this happen too, they forgot an item in my order and I contacted then a few days after I had tossed the envelope so I got shafted too.
It's hit or miss but their cheap prices can still make it worth while......sometimes.

Greebe

Newly Enlightened
Alright. Sounds like they wont get any of my business. I hate dealing with that kind of crap.

Thanks
Greebe

P.S. -- I didn't realize they were in Hong Kong. WTF Yo?

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive had more or less good shipping times from them. but then, im only about and hour or two away by plane.

The more headache-y part is that stuff thats listed in stock, can take up to 2 weeks to ship because they are "waiting for supplier"

With dx, its good practice to just order, then forget you did, and when it comes, you will be pleasently surprised...

Crenshaw

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would also suggest Shiningbeam. There are a few AA lights in the $15-$20 price range from Romisen and a few other chinese companies, and they are probably slightly better than the ultrafire in terms of quality (the romisens at least have a pretty good reputation around here). Since Shiningbeam is in new york city, if you are in the continental US you should get the light by saturday. Also, since it is a small store, you will get much better customer service than with DX.

Status
Not open for further replies.