Fenix LD20 XP-G?

LittleBill

Newly Enlightened
I currently have a l2d q5 Prem, i really like the remake of the l2d, especially the anti roll.

my question, has there been any rumor of these lights getting a xpg upgrade within the next 6 months? i'm more of a flood light kind of guy, have my tk40 for any big jobs. but im wondering if anyone has heard anything

Mag317

Newly Enlightened
I did email to fenix to ask whether there will be a ugraded LED for LD20. Below is their replied(dated 19 0ct 2009) to my email.

"
Hello Magnus

Here is Fenix manufacturer in China.

Thank you very much for your attention to Fenix light.

Sorry for the moment, there is no related plan you mentioned, but I will forward your idea to our R&D department for their reference, it will be noticed well.

Thanks again and best regards!"

Last edited:

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix is now moving mainstream; their lights are being advertised in general interest publications, their lights are being sold in lots of b&m stores. It does not make sense for them to stay bleeding edge. Think of all of the stock that would keep going obsolete. (As if the general public cared anyway.) It makes sense for Fenix to get off the constant upgrade treadmill - we on CPF are too demanding (relentlessly so) for the average larger scale manufacturer. That's why many of the larger premium companies don't even bother to advertise the Led or bin. They advertise instead things that stay constant (quality, durability) andnot things that change like bin or led.

Last edited: