RRT-0 or Jet III-M

hyperion666

Newly Enlightened
OK so what would you choose:

Jetbeam RRT-0 (EDC) + Fenix E01 for backup

or

Jetbeam JET III-M (no EDC) + Fenix LD01 (for EDC)

I could swap the JET III-M for an Olight M20.

So what do you think is the best combination.

Thanks

Last edited:

hyperion666

Newly Enlightened
I narrow it down to those lights because I think those can furfill my needs (Low ''low'', good runtime, powerfull enough, can be use with CR123 and AA) but any other EDC and non EDC combo will be appreciated.

I also looked at the new Quark mini 123 but, I'm running out of time because I need those lights by the end of the month.

Thnaks

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because it has much better throw than RRT-0 and uses 18650 cell which has 3,5x more capacity than RCR123.

Actually RRT-0 is a universal flashlight if you can't afford to buy two. You can get Jet-III M as a bigger EDC and E01 or Quark MiniAA for backup.

pobox1475

Enlightened
you would take the JET III-M over the RRT-O. Interesting, can I know why?
The 0 is a very nice light. A little big to comfortably EDC even without extension IMO. Plus clip is poorly designed and is probably an after thought. The Jet Pro I v3.0 makes more sense as a pocket thrower. The III M is a solid light and will perform very well when you know you will need lots'o light. I just sprang for the RRT-2 over the M simply because I wanted more than two levels and the size and weight difference does not bother me. I also like the 240/100/30 lm settings over the 240/50/25/10/1 of the 0. With my Quarks I have not yet needed moon mode and 50 is too low as a high (not 240 max) and 30 or even 25 is fine as a low. As with a lot of CPF'ers I also have an E01 on key chain to use if I ever need a low-low away from home. IMHO a nice duo would be any capable EDC (single 123 or AA light) and a thrower that can utilize a 18650.

hyperion666

Newly Enlightened
The 0 is a very nice light. A little big to comfortably EDC even without extension IMO. Plus clip is poorly designed and is probably an after thought. The Jet Pro I v3.0 makes more sense as a pocket thrower. The III M is a solid light and will perform very well when you know you will need lots'o light. I just sprang for the RRT-2 over the M simply because I wanted more than two levels and the size and weight difference does not bother me. I also like the 240/100/30 lm settings over the 240/50/25/10/1 of the 0. With my Quarks I have not yet needed moon mode and 50 is too low as a high (not 240 max) and 30 or even 25 is fine as a low. As with a lot of CPF'ers I also have an E01 on key chain to use if I ever need a low-low away from home. IMHO a nice duo would be any capable EDC (single 123 or AA light) and a thrower that can utilize a 18650.

Thanks alot.

I think i'll go with the J III-M and a Quark mini 123 or AA. How's that sound?

ubetit

Newly Enlightened
The more I use my Jet III M and Jet Ti-M the more I like them. The build quality is excellent and the adjustable brightness setting is fantastic.

koolranch

Newly Enlightened
The RRT-0 is PURDY!! It also can use aa or 1233 or rcr123 ect. i got mine from bugoutgear and for some awesome reason it included a aa extention! I am taking a close look at the quark mini as well. :popcorn: