tiablo vs eastward yj

longcommon

Newly Enlightened
hi guys i use my tiablo a9 for rabbiting and have just got a eastward yj-xgr2 for my friend to use and to be honest theres nowt in the beam both are as good as one another and quality wise there both on par in my eyes ,now i no the eastward isnt mentioned much as it a cheap china model flashlight but i was wondering what can be improved to the driver etc to make it a better light i.e upgrades many thanks tim

kramer5150

Flashaholic
You should probably post this to the DIY/mod sub forum. Can you post up some pics, or reveal which model number it is?

If it uses an XR-E and is close to an A9 in overall output and throw, then its spitting out nearly 200L OTF, which IMHO is pretty much the safe limit for 1x18650 and 2x16340 sized lights. Driving an XR-E at higher currents in lights this small just builds up heat and reduces output faster than its gained, it also shortens the lifespan of the XRE.

What model is it? There might be some things you can do to increase thermal heatsinking... and get it to maintain its output as the LED heats up.

longcommon

Newly Enlightened
hi mate this is the model http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.17382 i did notice there was no thermal paste under the star so have order some .in all fairness i am very impressed with this light and used if for about 30 mins last night with no problems at all and as said equals the tiablo a9 which i was gutted about :mecry: