Q: Malkoff Drop-in in a Surefire host

SLD2000

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to CPF and have been reading for a while. Now I'm going to ask my first question, tried search function but couldn't find the answer I was looking for. When you put a Malkoff drop-in in a dual output Surefire like an E1L or E2DL for example, will the light retain its low mode? Thank you guys!

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, SLD2000.

You posted an identical question in the LED (emitters) section. I've deleted that one, as that wasn't the correct place for it.

Please note it is against the rules (specifically, Rule 9) to cross-post duplicates in this way.

SLD2000

Newly Enlightened
Yes, when using Malkoff drop-in with the VME head on dual output Surefire E series light. Thank you!

ionizedsky

Enlightened
:welcome:

Like tundra trader said you lose the high&low if you put a VME head with a Malkoff M60 type modules. All the electronics are contained in the LED head for the high and low option of the E1L and E2L. Really though the New E2L should be pretty close in brightness to a M60.

SLD2000

Newly Enlightened
Now I feel it's better to use a 6P or C2 with Malkoff instead of using a E2DL. Learn something new from CPF everyday. Thanks for the information guys:)