Flashlights, Wifes and guilty feelings

wirehair

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, I am new to all of this and being in New Zealand its big $$$ to bye these lights but I have at the moment, TK30,TK12,LD20,M30,P7 and a few others but my problem is this. My Fenix supplier is under strict instructions not to ring,text or email me about lights he is sending or has sent. But the trouble I went to when I knew my TK30 was about to turn up frightened even me. I started leaveing lights that looked a bit like the TK30 laying around the house so THE WIFE would get used to a bigger flashlight being around, things like a maglight 2xc cell.:whistle: Then when the big day comes Im realy nervice, I start by leaveing the TK30 somewhere but cover most of it up so it looks like the mag. Then over the comming days slowly reveil more and more:huh:.After a week I was in the bedroom, we went to make the bed, she reached for it,(at this point the heart is raceing) picked it up and never looked twice:twothumbs. Should I be feeling guilty about this or not, what sort of lengths do some of you go to to hide your new lights and if I ever get caught Ill just blame everyone here on CPF:party:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
That must be awful.

Glad I pay for everything around here, what's left gets spent on a light if I want. She doesn't complain as long as the bills are paid and I even show them to her on arrival. OK, so maybe she just gives the canned "that's nice" comment most of the time but every now and again she gets impressed by floody high lumen lights.
Lucky me. :D

ryball

Newly Enlightened
If you are feeling guilty enough to stage things to avoid getting caught, you have a problem.

Just man up and tell her about the purchases. :D

The Mad Scotsman

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, I am new to all of this and being in New Zealand its big $$$ to bye these lights but I have at the moment, TK30,TK12,LD20,M30,P7 and a few others but my problem is this. My Fenix supplier is under strict instructions not to ring,text or email me about lights he is sending or has sent. But the trouble I went to when I knew my TK30 was about to turn up frightened even me. I started leaveing lights that looked a bit like the TK30 laying around the house so THE WIFE would get used to a bigger flashlight being around, things like a maglight 2xc cell.:whistle: Then when the big day comes Im realy nervice, I start by leaveing the TK30 somewhere but cover most of it up so it looks like the mag. Then over the comming days slowly reveil more and more:huh:.After a week I was in the bedroom, we went to make the bed, she reached for it,(at this point the heart is raceing) picked it up and never looked twice:twothumbs. Should I be feeling guilty about this or not, what sort of lengths do some of you go to to hide your new lights and if I ever get caught Ill just blame everyone here on CPF:party:

My god, you are whipped! The only good reason that I can think of for allowing your wife to rule over you like that is if she's ten times better looking than you. But even that doesn't seem worth the bother. You're the man so start acting like one.

computernut

Enlightened
I've only told my fiancee about half my lights I've purchased (we live together). My last one showed up early at the door when she just happened to work from home that day. She was like "what just came in?", she was more bothered by the fact it had $18 owing in duty than it being a flashlight :whistle:

I see her point though, I can't go crazy buying expensive lights all the time when there are bills to pay, vet bills (no kids!), and other living expenses. I work OT occasionally so that's money that I try to reserve for my toys..er..tools ;)

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
We have a word around here for your kind...
I'll give you a hint
MEOW!

But seriously, I feel sorry for your wife. I bet she thought she married a man.

OK OK... no more jokes..
Really Serious now
uhhh ... hmmm ....
Do you wear panties?

:nana:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I think it's time to take a break from light purchases for a while. Next, you and your wife need to start taking a monthly or weekly allowance, for each to spend as you see fit. Build up a little stash, then go buy a new light, guilt-free.

Geoff

scout24

Flashaholic
Quite harsh, but you guys are hilarious... especially the Ultimate Flashlight- Changes color, size, and multiplies!!! Wish I had thought of that with knives... :nana:

kbohip

Newly Enlightened
Lol, I just told my wife I wanted the new Terralux LED upgrade for my Magcharger for Xmas.:cool: She laughed and told me I'm not patient enough to wait that long. Whatever. I'm at least 40% sure she's wrong about that!

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
If your really concerned with having new flashlights around the house, tell the ol' lady you trade with members, "I'm not spending any money, I'm TRADING with guys online!" You just don't need to tell her that sometimes you trade money for lights though.....

Now off to show my girl my new Preon, M3 and C2L, she was good this week, so maybe she'll get an ITP EOS...

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does she leave her old shoes and dresses lying around....? :rolleyes:

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't feel bad, you have no idea the things she gets behind your back. I'll bet there are a ton of clothes and shoes you've never seen deep in the closet.

I have all my pals pay me PayPal, she has no idea :naughty:

ruriimasu

Enlightened
I think it's time to take a break from light purchases for a while. Next, you and your wife need to start taking a monthly or weekly allowance, for each to spend as you see fit. Build up a little stash, then go buy a new light, guilt-free.

Geoff

Agreed!. build up a separate fund for personal use, one for yourself and one for your wife.

But what I do is I have my lights delivered to my workplace.. its probably the safest place to receive new lights. dont have to worry about wife finding out new purchases or the parcels being stolen while out at work. Anyway my wife has like a thousand clothes so she cant really fault me for buying a few inexpensive lights (I never go above $80 for a light). :)

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife has spent more on clothes, shoes and other stuff that she does not wear or use than I have spent on my lights so I don't feel any guilt. I do keep my light buying account separate from my other accounts for organization sake though.

arodaz

Newly Enlightened
:D "" honey,, I think I hear the coyotes lurking closer than usual,,Don't worry though as I have a tk40 arriving in the morning""

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, no guilt whatsoever, in fact i will tell her to watch out for packages and she never asks how much a light costs cos she has Ferragamo-itis, 10 pairs and counting. My lights probably cost a fraction of her shoes (let's not even go into her bags).

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
That sounds awful. I can't imagine having to be like that...

Thankfully my girlfriend understands that I'm a geek and she knows how happy the lights make me. :D

However, its my friends that I don't plan on letting know exactly how many lights I have, not to mention how much they cost! I've already heard enough about it from them... time to find new friends I think! :nana: