Kaidomain, pfft.... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
From Kaidomain -- ordered SKU: S008747 Cree Drop in
and
SKU: S004592 28mm aspherical lense

My order came today, finally. But -- WTF ?

Left -6P-
Middle - 28mm aspheric, which is actually 1.95" (49.5mm) aspherical
Right - Cree Drop in, which is actually some sort of optic (about 30+mm)

picture003dj.jpg

Shot 'em an email and the pic.

Last edited:

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
They've been pretty good about fixing their mistakes, drop them an email first. If you don't get any response, file a PayPal dispute.

(new Texas member? Check out out DFW get-together)

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now what? Maybe paypal dispute?

Why not start with the assumption of honest mistake, send it back and explain what's wrong?

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
Aircraft, I seen those pics a few weeks ago. Looks like a bunch of flashlight geeks tooling around out there - I'd prolly fit in if I had more lights LOL.
Looks like a good time there. For me just being able to talk, in person, to knowledgeable folks and check out some lights would of been great.

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
Now what? Maybe paypal dispute?

Why not start with the assumption of honest mistake, send it back and explain what's wrong?

I decided to just contact them via their website and inform them that they sent the wrong stuff, that will most likely handle it. I just didn't edit the OP.
I doubt I'd send it back anyways, will likely cost me more to ship than I payed them in the first place........

So... whats a 49.5 mm aspheric fit anyways ? lol .. and what is the other optic if you can tell from the pics. I"m guessing its approx 35mm or so.

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
50mm aspheric is probably a D maglight
the optic looks like it's for a cree xpe / xre, probably put out a nice spot.

I recently ordered a 18650 tube extender, and recieved a warm Osram Dragon AAA light (which is actually a great little thrower but the asked i return the items for the tube)

Last edited:

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
So what did you end up paying for the Aspheric? If you don't need it, just sell it here, I'd even take it if the price was right.

A stock 3D Mag isn't going to work unless you have some type of LED, preferably a Cree XR-E, but a Seoul P4 works well too.

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
well, what I ordered was the 28mm one but got the 50mm ---
I paid 3 bux for it .....

I've been wanting to put some sort of LED into the Mag for some time now but just don't know what to get. I would like something that has a warm'ish tint, similar to the Malkoff M60W color. If not then I'm not sure what to put in it. I don't want to spend much money on the thing...

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, what I ordered was the 28mm one but got the 50mm ---
I paid 3 bux for it .....

I've been wanting to put some sort of LED into the Mag for some time now but just don't know what to get. I would like something that has a warm'ish tint, similar to the Malkoff M60W color. If not then I'm not sure what to put in it. I don't want to spend much money on the thing...

Find yourself a nice warm Cree XR-E like a 5A EDIT: Looking for a source for the warm 4000k bins, a H22A DHS Cree Heatsink, and a 18V 5W Cree Circuit Board for Flashlights EDIT: Don't use that driver, it's 1000mAh, the warmer Cree's are rated at 700mAh

You'll be into it for well under $40, and have a nice thrower.

Last edited:

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
When I drop it in the bezel I can move it side to side abit. When I screw the bezel on I grabbed the lens and tried to move it. It wouldn't move.
When tightened it stayed put just fine

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is interesting... The only other suitable aspheric lens for a maglite on KD was the 52mm lens, which was $20 (but is now sold out). This seems like a much cheaper alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.