• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Lunasol 20 ***** SOLD *****

Tim W

Enlightened
99% condition. This is from the last run, good with either primaries or rechargeables. It has been played with a lot,and carried around in pocket of sweatpants in the evening, but has never left the house.
LS20-1.jpg
LS20-3.jpg

There are a few light scuffs on it, typical of Ti lights, nothing that won't easily buff out if need be. Any spots/specks on it are dust (and maybe due to my photography (non)skills!!)

$600 $575 $550 shipped. SOLD
Conus only. Paypal only, shipping via Priority Mail with DC included. Once in the hands of USPS, it is no longer my responsibility.

First I'll take it, followed by prompt payment gets it.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Re: WTS: Lunasol 20

A Scotch-Brite pad will buff out those scuffs if you rub it around the light circumferentially. Washing it also helps by getting rid of fingerprints that show up in flash photos.

For more accurate photos, try disabling the flash and manually setting the ISO setting as low as it will go (100, or 50 if you're lucky), or turning up the EV setting if you can't adjust the ISO setting. That will make better use of the ambient light instead of burning-out the picture where the flash reflects off the machining marks.

Do NOT use a Scotch Brite pad! Any of those abrasive pads will not only remove minor scratches but will also smooth the nice crisp edges and take out the crisp machined finish. Let the new owner do that himself - don't ruin this one!

fyrstormer

Banned

I'm not going to argue about it; all I'll say is I used an abrasive eraser with carbide grit in it on one of my lights to smooth out some tiny dings, and even that barely affected the metal, so a Scotch-Brite pad will be that much gentler.

But yeah, I suppose you're right, it's probably better to let the new owner fiddle with it. I was just saying it's an option.

Tim W

Enlightened

Do NOT use a Scotch Brite pad! Any of those abrasive pads will not only remove minor scratches but will also smooth the nice crisp edges and take out the crisp machined finish. Let the new owner do that himself - don't ruin this one!

Thanks, AWTD, didn't plan to.

I have a Ti PD-s that I carry daily in a homemade leather holster. Twice in the last two years I've used 0000 steel wool on it. Takes a lot of elbow grease, but it buffs out almost everything and really makes it shine again. Can feel no rounding of the edges.

Back to our regularly scheduled program :D:poke::laughing:

I'm not going to argue about it; all I'll say is I used an abrasive eraser with carbide grit in it on one of my lights to smooth out some tiny dings, and even that barely affected the metal, so a Scotch-Brite pad will be that much gentler.

But yeah, I suppose you're right, it's probably better to let the new owner fiddle with it. I was just saying it's an option.

Sorry fyrstormer, I really didn't mean to jump you, but I've seen what some owners have done when they "polish" their Ti lights and, in my opinion, it's absolutely criminal.

fyrstormer

Banned

Dad, I have some pics in the McGizmo forum of my lights, in case you're curious what the outcome was. The Lunasol was Scotch-Brited and the Haiku was sanded and Rust-Erased.