SNAPFISH for film developing - Any thoughts?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have like 20+ rolls of film to develop, and getting them done at Wal-mart or Wal-greens gets really expensive, esp since I like to get the Photo CD.

It seems that SNAPFISH seems like a good deal. Low price for developing prints, and low price on all the CD's and you get free digital photos posted online.

I use a high end "snap and shoot" camera, so, I consider myself a serious amature. I have always been happy with the Wal-Greens 3 day development pictures (NOT the 1 HOUR photo).

Any thoughts or comments on SNAPFISH or any other similar online photo development places?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am answering my own question, but I heard that Sams, and Wal-mart and Costco have good deals and quality on getting film developed, and with CD's.

Anyone know if Sam's cheaper than Wal-Mart?

Skyline

Enlightened
I've been using Snapfish for the past couple of years to develop my disposable camera pictures. They work quite well. They get your photos on their web site fairly quickly, and the prints/CDROM show up a little later. Inexpensive too.

I've had much success with Ofoto.com for developing digital photos. They are more expensive than Snapfish, but the print quality is really superb.

Willmore

Enlightened
Serious amature? Point and shoot camera? Happy with normal *Wal-Greens* processing?

I'm sorry, but something here doesn't make sense.

What do you *want* out of your photos? Do you need digital scans? Do you need prints? What kind of film are we talking about? If it's 200 speed generic film, there's not much point putting much effort or money into good developing and prints.

Personally, I'll wait a week to get good quality done and I'm willing to pay for it, too. But then again, I tend to shoot film that costs more than the 'bargain' developing/printing, so anything else wouldn't make much sense. Also, some of the 'bargain' places don't like to develop professional film even if it is C-41--seems like they don't have much confidence that their process is up to spec.

You might be happier (once these 20 roles are taken care of) to go digital. A 2MP digital camera and a reasonable ink jet printer will give you a lower cost/print and a ton more flexability than a P&S with film does. Just something to look into.

Which reminds me, I need to go buy some Xtol....