SF G2 Question

Wick

Newly Enlightened
I happened across a G2 today and couldn't pass it up, the price was right. This is my first SF without a LOTC and have a question. When i take the tail cap off the G2 the switch assembly simply falls out. On my E2e and M2 the switch stays in place inside the tail cap. Is this normal? If so no big deal, just want ot make sure its not a defect.

One other question about the G2 bezel and lense. The lense sounds like lexan when i tap it, however, it has the little notched ring inside the outer bezel rim just like the M2. I thought this was how SF was securing pyrex lenses, do they also do this for lexan? Just a note, it is the regular G2 bezel, not a hex bezel like the G2Z.

Thanks for any info.
~Wick

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wick,
The switch assy comming out is normal for any light that doesn't have the lock out tail cap. Don't worry about it. The G2 bezel only comes in lexan. The G2 is a great light. I have 3 of them. TX

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Wick:
...This is my first SF without a LOTC ....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wick,

You can "lock out" the G2 by counter-rotating the bezel 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 turns. For saftey I suggest 2+ complete turns. I belt carry it this way and it is reliably secure.

Brightnorm