Mini 123 /CR2 without knurling?

Brewer

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, I came here to help me decide which flashlight to buy and now I'm trying to narrow it down to 6... :broke:

I've decided to go with AA's, except I fancy getting a single pocket rocket just for giggles. I'll use primaries in it and try to restrain myself.

The Quark MiNi 123 looks good but this really will be a pocket / keychain / lanyard light and it may even find itself permanently hitched to a SAK, so I could do without the knurling. Ti or inox would be nice too...

So what are my options in a truly tiny light that can slice through tall buildings?! :D

Last edited:

post tenebras

Enlightened
I think Peak has a few new small, single CR123/RCR123 models coming out (Everest, K2, ?). I haven't seen actual pictures, but Peak's stainless steel models are typically unknurled, er, smooth, as opposed to their brass and HA aluminim modes which are knurled.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
LiteFlux LF4 is a very compact 1 x CR2 light with user defined levels and no knurling. :)

2wlsd3o.jpg

Lightsman

Newly Enlightened
The Surefire Titan (CR2) and Surefire Titan T1A (CR123A) also have no knurling and are perfect for the pocket, and the brightness is very well adjustable.

Brewer

Newly Enlightened
Cool, thanks for the tips.

I'm guessing that the MiNi Quarks would hold the 'pocket rocket' title though (ie max grunt to size ratio)?

Brewer

Newly Enlightened
Haven't you said: 'no knurling'? :thinking:

Yes, but not if it means sacrificing a large amount of lumens. Basically I'm wondering which (if any) of the 'smooth' lights get close to the top of the pocket rocket list.

From what I can tell the Quark MiNi 123 looks to top the list in the small size bracket - but it's black and has knurling. The SF Titan looks beautiful but it ain't that small and it ain't that bright and it certainly ain't that cheap.

The Preon 1 looks great, you can swap out the pocket clip for a lanyard attachment and it's all smooth and titaniummy, but it's a bit long. I'd like something really compact, like a peanut lighter.

So who's up for a 200+lm Preon CR2? :D