Nitecore - Class 1 Div 1 safe?

Casebrius

Newly Enlightened
I don't see any specs on their site. Does anyone know EZAA is class 1 div 1 safe? I was approached by another worker and asked.

Pekka

Newly Enlightened
I don't see any specs on their site. Does anyone know EZAA is class 1 div 1 safe? I was approached by another worker and asked.

Certified as safe? Definitely NOT. Safe regardless not having a cert? Maybe, but assuming one is interested in certifications it likely doesn't matter if it's possibly safe regardless of a missing cert.

For the record, stuff like that is costly so if it's certified it will be out and loud (so no, Piston Drive Nitecores aren't either despite the marketing babble).

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
DON'T DO IT
IIRC Size 15s wrote a post about Class 1 Div 1 lights. Long story short was make sure you only use a light that an employer issues or somehting like that

deeuubee

Newly Enlightened
Have to agree with Garageboy. In regards of being certified or not, if you're tasked with working in Class 1 Div. 1 you should be using only what they issue or approve.

It's expensive to get certified for 1-1, especially all groups. That being said, my silly little Pelican L1 - 4 LR44 button cell is rated Class 1 - Div 1 grp ABCD...go figure. Although it does make a good map light.

I don't think you'll find too many light manufacturers getting their lights certified unless the're after military, industrial, or Gov't contracts. In which case, they probably were making one task specific and we're just gravy purchases.