Looking for D cells flashlight.

Spypro

Enlightened
Hi !

I have 4 D nimh cells waiting to be used.

I'm looking for a good 2D or 4D flashlight.

I just want those D cells to be used for something good !

Thanks !

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy a M@glight and a Malkoff dropin. That's the best, D-cell setup you can get. D Cells aren't common for modern flashlights so there aren't many quality options.

dandism

Enlightened
Yea, there doesn't seem to be many D cell lights. I was looking through DX and couldn't find any D or C cell lights.

deeuubee

Newly Enlightened
MagLED 2D Rebel. Bright and for the money, you can't go wrong.

Black Friday sale should put it at around $15 at HD. You could buy 2 for the price of the Duracell and give one to the better half for Xmas...:grin2:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff is the best but pricy.

Besides the Malkoff the duracell daylite and the mag2d rebel are your best options. I think I would personally go with the duracell, it looks like a nice light.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Mag-LED 2D or 3D which uses the new Rebel emitter. It gives outstanding performance. Excellent light output and incredible throw focused to spot mode.

HitecDrftr

Newly Enlightened
The Husky is a great inexpensive thrower, but I believe you would have a difficult time finding it, as it had been clearanced months ago at Home Depot. You might find them on ebay or something.

With regard to that Dorcy, Does that have a lifetime guarantee like the Duracell Daylite?
http://www.duracell.com/products/guarantee.asp

Dorcy (3D) weighs 2 lbs. when loaded, Duracell is 1.3 lbs. Maglite (2D) is 1.4 lbs.

Hitec-

Last edited:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because you're going to use nimh Ds with current to burn, go the malkoff route. If you were looking for a solid light to run on alks, the stock rebel Mag is the way to go. Running the Mag on nimh is possible, but kind of a waste of the nimh potential. You'd have to use it for a LONG time to get your worth out of it, IMHO. the Malkoff will have much greater current draw and brightness to go with it, making it a nice quality piece.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
i run my p7 maglite on 3 nimh cells.

lots of very nice custom mags for sale here for $100 or so.

much brighter (600+ lumens) then anything store bought.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe so, but he could buy 4 Mag Rebels for that price.
When he gets bored, he can do a million and one mods to the Mag.
The Rebel Mags are probably modable, but most of the existing Mag D cell aftermarket parts are incompatible.

So, there may not be that many options.

Jay611j

Enlightened
Maybe so, but he could buy 4 Mag Rebels for that price.
When he gets bored, he can do a million and one mods to the Mag.
Do you know if that Dorcy light is moddable?
Don't know, I have been debating on getting it though. Just another option I thought I would throw in. Plus, we CPF'ers get a 20% discount there.

bluepilgrim

Enlightened
The only CPF Dorcy discount I could find expired some time ago, but their fall discount (see their homepage http://www.dorcydirect.com/ ) is 15%, codeword 'fall' and free shipping. It's probably a half decent light, if not exceptional, going by the Dorcies I have.

Jay611j

Enlightened
The only CPF Dorcy discount I could find expired some time ago, but their fall discount (see their homepage http://www.dorcydirect.com/ ) is 15%, codeword 'fall' and free shipping. It's probably a half decent light, if not exceptional, going by the Dorcies I have.
We do have a 20% discount, trust me I just used it. It's a secret though so don't tell anybody. :sssh: :whistle: Just enter "CANDLE" and tada! It still works.