Is OD of E2 Bezel Same As...

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
...same as OD of KL1 bezel? Looking to order a GG TID for KL1 but wanted to make sure first...

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Charlie,

The fins keep the TID from going on all the way. In fact the set screws would just contact the edge of the bezel cap. It's really a No Go. Sorry.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by McGizmo:
Charlie,

The fins keep the TID from going on all the way. In fact the set screws would just contact the edge of the bezel cap. It's really a No Go. Sorry.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">TID?
confused.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Giz, thanks, except now one of the main reasons for getting the KL1 just went out the window! Well, mebbe they'll make one for it later...

Darell

Flashaholic
And here I thought you were talking about the Olive Drab "OD" that was asked about recently. Sheesh, sometimes you just need to use words...

And here I had all kinds of snotty comments about mismatched colors. damn.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Charlie,

May I suggest an extension for the TID? For longer throw and greater reach, I recommend Mr. Bulk's LGI:

LGI-TID.jpg

grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

WHAAAAAT??? It really fits? Oh, C'mon! You pullin' my leg, right?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Originally posted by McGizmo:
Charlie,

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmmm, it's 11:30 pm here at work (note different sig profile) and I'm having all these thoughts -- how about drilling and tapping further down the TID's skirt to reposition the grub screws? Plus now you'd have the added advantage of four nice original...vent holes.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
..Just out of realistic curiosity, does that TID thingy have any real world applications? Seems a bit pointy to be called an "impact" device...

--dan

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bet it makes a killer meat tenderizer
grin.gif
grin.gif
the other day I saw that triple aught design has them for the X5T(39 bucks). I would like to see one on the E1E
grin.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Charlie,

On the KL1/TID, there isn't enough wall thickness to bore out the TID. It would need to be shortened in length to get it to seat down further. You could drill and tap for new set screws but they will be setting on the threaded bezel cap and the pressure is likely to deform the cap and possibly break the Loc-tite loose? The TID could be re-worked and made to fit but it is not trivial.

On the other hand, the TID does fit your LGI fine! If you remove the rubber grip from the head the TID sits well and the set screws will reside in the grip groove.

The pic below is for Josh, granted the E1E is host to a New Beam but it's still an E1E on the outside
grin.gif

TIDs.jpg

- Don