• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ALUMA BRONZE CR2 ION: SOLD

For Sale is an Aluma Bronze Ion. The light is stock. Relatively few of these were made, although I do not know the exact number. Perhaps someone else can jump in with more information.

$300.00 $275.00 $250.00$225.00 $200.00 LIGHT IS SOLD shipped. No paypal fees. FOB Pittsburgh. First I'll take it gets the light. Paypal is wmlafferty (at) comcast (dot) net.

4117682694_55a4ca3a45.jpg

4116912685_05c6bb1e81.jpg

4116912585_1d573fdc81.jpg

Last edited:

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS ALUMA BRONZE CR2 ION

Nice light and pics! ;)

PS: What have you used in background? Looks like a "serpentarium" of old o-rings! :grin2:

Cheers,
Dioni

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Though it's unlikely, I'll offer anyway. I'd like to simply "borrow" this for a day or two just to check it out (curiosity is killing me). I'd pay for fully insured shipping both ways and throw in a little something extra when I return ship the light. Just a thought. I can't afford it outright at this point, but I'm very eager just to hold in my hands cause I've never seen one like this before. Let me know.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had one of these as well. Pretty nice. If I recally correctly there were about 60-80 of them made.

Though it's unlikely, I'll offer anyway. I'd like to simply "borrow" this for a day or two just to check it out (curiosity is killing me). I'd pay for fully insured shipping both ways and throw in a little something extra when I return ship the light. Just a thought. I can't afford it outright at this point, but I'm very eager just to hold in my hands cause I've never seen one like this before. Let me know.

Brighter:

If it doesnt sell, I'll be glad to lend it to you.

bill

dagored

Enlightened

Wow, I am really tempted. I'm an hour from Pittsburgh. Thought I was the only flashoholic in the area.
This is a two level Aeon correct?

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned

It's an Ion, not an Aeon. The Aeon is a smaller version of the Nautilus; the Ion is an older design and not as bright.

I'd be willing to bet some enterprising soul could de-Ion-ize that lovely casing and put something newer inside it, though.

dooz

Newly Enlightened

i cant believe how beautiful this light is; awesome finish;
Good luck with the sell :thumbsup:

It's an Ion, not an Aeon. The Aeon is a smaller version of the Nautilus; the Ion is an older design and not as bright.

I'd be willing to bet some enterprising soul could de-Ion-ize that lovely casing and put something newer inside it, though.

Fyrstormer:

Shortly after Ions first came out, 4 Sevens sold modifications to the stock lights. In fact, I have one of them. I believe other modders did similar work and I'm sure this one could be modernized as well. I didnt mod it because I liked it as it is. This was one of the first floody lights -- before that was fashionable -- and a lot of people criticized it because it didnt have any throw. For me, and I think for Enrique, its designer, that is its charm.

bill

Barefootone

Enlightened

Hi Bill,

Wish I had the bucks, but I'm :broke:. Funny being here in East Brady so close to the "Burg" it would be an easy pick up.

Aluma/Bronze still an exotic alloy to me. Back in the day when I was a welder I worked with Aluma/Bronze MIG welding wire on a very difficult project.

Good luck with the sale, it's a sweet little light.

Jeff

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Piece o'cake. The Aeon's and Ion's LE's are swappable. The aperture on the bezel end of the Ion case is a bit smaller than the reflector opening on the Aeon's LE, and the gaskets are slightly different, but other than those two issues it's a direct swap. I did this very same thing here. Believe me, if I had the funds this would be gone already.

If you've got an Aeon with lots of scratches not looking as pretty as she used to be, I'd highly recommend picking this up and making one heckuva light.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS ALUMA BRONZE CR2 ION/reduced

I had two of these and sold one. This is a great little performing light which polishes to a like-golden sparkle----at a mere fraction of the cost. A limited production piece which would make a great addition to a collection!

Karl

Last edited: