How I found this site.

philc5b

Newly Enlightened
Well I have worked nights for almost 30yrs. and flashlights have always been needed.I retired a few years ago, and sworn I didn't need any more flashlights.(Yea right!!)This is an addiction, in the same way as knives, and guns!!In August I had a bulb burn out in an Everyready lantern, so of I went for a new bulb, and found the Brinkmann LX. Well I had a Scorpion about 6yrs. ago and it seemed very similar. I was very impressed with the LX, but having owned a Scorpion I knew I would need replacement bulbs, and to find a good source for cheap batteries.I did a search for the LX, and found Seans site, that lead me here. Since finding this site I have the fever again, I got a Surefire G-2, PT-Surge,and added the HP to my poly-Stinger, also have the Brinkmann Rebel, and the new Streamlight Pro-Polymer 7 LED. I have not been a big fan of leds, but the Streamlight is starting to grow on me. Hope I didn't go on to long here,but I have lots of flashlight stories to tell.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome! I'm glad my website led you down the "right" path!
wink.gif

You will find many new reasons from here to buy new lights. LED lights do take some time to get used to if you are used to brighter lights. They really come in handy for close-up projects and in emergencies when long run-time is important.

When you're ready to tell them, go to the Cafe` area of the discussion board and share some stories.

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by philc5b:
I have not been a big fan of leds, but the Streamlight is starting to grow on me.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes! Welcome indeed!

If you read enough of all of the forums, you will eventually start wondering if you ought to have an ARC AAA. For a little light that lasts a long time that fits neatly on a keychain...it is quite a nice little item (the Photon II/III is a wonder for this use as well).

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome philc5b! I have gotten to prefer LED lights. like regular flashlights, they come in all qualities. The best feature of the LED is that it won't break if you drop the light. That is the LED, not the housing or circuit.

You will see alot of talk about Luxeon Star LEDs on this site. These really do have the capability to rival the incandescent flashlight bulb. I have 3 Luxeon Star (LS) flashlights, and the 4th has been shipped. It is hard to truly understand why people rave about LS flashlights, until you experience one. In these, the Arc LS is the high end, and tough to come by, as demand far exceeds supply right now. A good one, and mainstream, is the CMG Reactor. The new ones are white enough and bright enough, with the longest runtime.

There is a place for all kinds of flashlights. We tend to go with what we need (now and future), and can afford. Of course, CPF members are more discriminating flashlight buyers.
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Seans site led me here too.
icon14.gif
I've read almost every thing on his site and visit candlepower forum at least two to three times a day.
Great place. Since I started here I've bought a Brinkmann LX,another 2AA mag light for practicing mods on,have a ARC AAA and Infinity Ultra on the way from TTS and hope to get my first Surefire(E2e)next month. I've also fed all of my old lights with fresh batteries and I can spot and try to idenify which lights they use on movies. There is truely a Bright addiction and this is the place to find the fix......

Dean

River Rat

Newly Enlightened
WOW! A friend turned me on to this site. I have been messin' around with lights for just a little while now. Mostly trying to adapt them for night hunting varmints with a bow. Nothing on the scale ya'll do...but hey, I'm always willing to give new stuff a try! I gotta get my sig done and then get to work on some of those kewl mods! Looks like I hit the tinkerers jackpot!

Is there a list of mods people have done, maybe with pictures or diagrams, something a newbie can understand and get his hands wet on? I am really looking forward to trying my own Luxeon LS Mod. But maybe something simpler first!
smile.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
River Rat,

If your bow has a place on the front for a stabilizer, somebody might be able to make an adapter of sorts, depending on the light in question. they would need to know thread specs and dimensions.

The forum is the homemade and modified section of CPF.
The Arc LS is very adaptable, If you can get ahold of one (demand is high, supply is low for now).

River Rat

Newly Enlightened
Yea, I did the stabilizer mounted thing for awhile. While the light is in a good location there, it is not a very effective stabilizer for the bow. Some of the earlier models (incan) would just kinda *implode* when I shot a couple of times. Some guys have a 3D or 4c Mag strapped on the front of their bows. I don't see how they carry it much less shoot it.

I ended up fabing an extruded alluminium bracket that mounts to the sight bracket and holds a Browning Submersible 2C light. Lighter, smaller and throws a good beam. I rigged it with a pressure and/or mercury switch so I can activate the light after full draw. It's really kewl. If I ever get a Dig. camera I will post a pic.

I just bought a Steamlite Stinger, man, that thing is bright! But, still too new to tear apart and rig on the bow.

I wanna build an LED light to try out on it, that would be the best I think.

Latest posts