Question Regarding SF use with AW RCR123A's and AW 18650

FearlessNKY

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone tell me when using AW RCR123A's or AW 18650's with a SF 6PL with a Malkoff M60L, does the light dim as the batteries charge is used up, or does it cut off completely all of a sudden?

(I've used some protected RCR123A's 3Volt with a SF G2L, and while it works well, I hate that the light cut out when the charge drops.)

I thank you in advance for your info!

Mike

seale_navy

Enlightened
I am not sure how to answer this as I never own a malkoff before.

Through my reading, I think that it will dim for a very short period and then cut off.

probably the more advance ppl in this forum will answer your query soon enough

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 2xR123 will provide constant brightness throughout the runtime, and cut off suddenly as the batteries go into protection mode.
The 1x18650(or 1x17670 in a unmodified 6PL) will provide constant brightness for however long the battery voltage stays above the voltage required by the buck circuit to maintain regulation, and then it will begin to gradually dim.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 1x18650(or 1x17670 in a unmodified 6PL) will provide constant brightness for however long the battery voltage stays above the voltage required by the buck circuit to maintain regulation, and then it will begin to gradually dim.
...and it will eventually be cut off by the protection circuit.

ionizedsky

Enlightened
Malkoff M60 & M30 Runtimes,etc <--Check this thread lots of good info on runtimes.

Just FYI as some pointed out. Factory Surefire 2x123 bodies WILL NOT FIT 18650 Cells, however a 17670 will fit.

Although if you want to run a Surefire with a Malkoff Module M60/M30 (whatever you choose) with the longest run time you'll want to run AW 18650 2600Mah cells but you will need to have the body bored. See next link for help with that. 18mm Bore Services: Surefire® P, C, and Z series

Oh and :welcome: Your finally home :nana:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/194879

FearlessNKY

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to say thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, and I really appreciate the info!!!

Based on the info you guys provided I just ordered a Bored 6P Body that accepts 18650's, as I feel this is going to work out perfectly for my application. :thumbsup:...I'm needing the extended run time and some "warning" before my light suddenly goes dead. So my torch will end being a Bored 6P with a Malkoff M60L that runs on 18650's..... can't wait!

Thanks again!

Latest posts