To UK CPF'ers: I am going to London on holiday

Spectre

Newly Enlightened
To UK CPF\'ers: I am going to London on holiday

This summer (late July) I am going to London together with my girlfriend for a some days. I am wondering if there is any recommended shops there were I can buy flashaholic stuff:

-Meterman LM 631 (Very expensive in Norway... costs ~$170!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif)
-Petzl inca/LED combo headlamp (MYO 5, or DUO LED 8 perhaps)
-Surefire stuff maybe?

We will spend a few days sightseeing, and a few days shopping. In the sightseeing part we will probably see all the "mandatory" stuff: Tower of London, London Bridge, Big Ben, Picadilly circus, Madame Tassaud, Royal Palace, visit different parts of the town etc. I am also interested in some tips if you can recommend something.
Regarding the shopping part I am also interested in knowing where there are good places to shop in general (and not so good).

Thanks,

Bjorn

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
Re: To UK CPF\'ers: I am going to London on holiday

Try Maplin Electronics - I'm sue that there is a branch in or near London. They sell a number of LED torches and a whole range of LED products too.
An interesting addition to thier product range are the cold cathode lamps, one of which I may incorporate into a torch project one day....
Edgeware Road is the famed street for its electronic gadget shops, maybe you can find a few cool torches there!
matt

Spectre

Newly Enlightened
Re: To UK CPF\'ers: I am going to London on holiday

Thanks!
An electronic gadget shop street sounds interesting!

Bjorn

Latest posts