Handpresso

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
They did a review on The Gadget Show over here in the UK. Verdit was that it was a nice gimmik but, by the time you had filled the tiny water container with hot water and pumped it through, the coffee wasn't very hot.

The way I see it, where did the hot water come from. If it's a fire, use a proper expresso maker. If a kettle, use a proper Expresso maker that plugs in. Both options are smaller, quicker, less fuss and make nicer coffee.

Last edited:

inno

Newly Enlightened
I've had a Handpresso Wild for ESE pods for almost a year. I must say that it makes a fantastic espresso. In the beginning I used it only for camping and when away from home. Now, I use the Handpresso also at home. Its just much faster when you just need to make one or two shots.

I find the temperature perfect! When you use water directly from the kettle and preheat your cups, I get a warmer cup of espresso than with my 2000$ machine.

Conclusion: I can recommend the Handpresso to any espresso lover! :)

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I get a warmer cup of espresso than with my 2000$ machine.:)

$ 2,000 !!!!!!!!

I bought all mine in Italy and they cost around $8. Fill the bottom with water, place the coffee in the middle and stick it on the hob for a few min's. Perfect hot espresso with a beautiful golden crema.

I never understood why people buy machines to make espresso or any other coffee for that matter. Espresso, use an espresso maker. Want normal ( plain, American, call it what you will..), espresso and add hot water. Latte, espresso shot and add hot milk ( Use one of those $5 battery powered milk whisks to froth the hot milk). Cappuccino, espresso shot, hot water, frothed milk.

I've often been around someone's house and that show me their coffee machine that they bought so's they can make coffee " just like we had in Italy but it's not the same is it." The reason for that is because in Italy they use good coffee and a cheap, simple, stove top espresso maker. Restaurants use big machines but that's just so's they can make coffee quickly and in multiples. It's still just forcing hot water through coffee grounds.

CLHC

Flashaholic
So far, the only "coffee maker(s)" I have are the Bialetti Moka Express, Bodum French Press and the JetBoil. For the press, hot water's dispensed from the Zojirushi. Bialetti is stove top as already known. I've been eyeing the Handpresso for my workplace, even though there's a 24 hour Cafe/Coffee Shop within the confines!

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Aeropress does a fantastic job. I don't use mine as much now since I got my Keruig K-cup machine but it is fun to play with.

My moka pots don't get much use now that I am in a house with electric burners. Haven't gotten the temperature settings down like I did at the old house with a gas range. I may get a camp stove to do the moka pots with.

I'm just set in my ways. Had a gas range all my life till I moved. This house had three electric ranges so my frugal side couldn't see the reason to upgrade. Yet.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Finally got to see an Aeropress up close for the first time by a fellow employee on the inpatient side. That "hockey puck" coffee ground appears to be reausable for about another round or so, I was told.

< Seattle Coffee Gear > has some interesting coffee stuff, and not too terribly far from my work place.

htorvisque

Newly Enlightened
$ 2,000 !!!!!!!!

I bought all mine in Italy and they cost around $8. Fill the bottom with water, place the coffee in the middle and stick it on the hob for a few min's. Perfect hot espresso with a beautiful golden crema.

Only, it isn't espresso. Not from an unmodified moka pot.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only, it isn't espresso. Not from an unmodified moka pot.

Ummm, you use and espresso pot to make the coffee for a Mocha. If you only make Mochas, you could call it a Mocha pot but it's still exactly the same thing.

If you need convincing, Google Picture search for Mocha Pot = 236k results, search for Esprersso Pot 727k results and guess what, they all point to exactly the same type of pot.
Or just google different coffee types or better still " espresso based coffees".