LD01 Just Arrived. Did the Lego. Likey Light Lot

coldpointcrossing

Newly Enlightened
My Ld01 just arrived (about time!!) and talk about night and day versus the Microstream. Couldn't stand the twist UI but I knew before ordering it that it wasn't going to stay that way. Already had two Micros with the extra just for the Lego.

I started boiling water right after I opened the package, put the Micro in a baggie, and waited till the water started boiling. Dunked for about one minute, grabbed two pliers and a towel to prevent marring, twisted and it popped right off. Cool.

When I assembled the pieces everything worked awesome BUT I didn't like the gap between the LD01 head and Micro body so I grabbed my Dremel and removed just a couple of threads worth off the body's forward end. I double-checked the threads and all good. Put it back together and it looks and functions super. My EDC just improved 100%. Sweet. Poor quality pics below but I think you can see what I am talking about -

Above : Stock Micro at left and LD01/Micro Lego at right. Noticeable difference in height.

Above : No gap! Looks super clean. Removed about two threads with a Dremel.

Got to love a good tail clicky EDC.
I was like whoa. And they were like whoa. And then I was like whooaa.

coldpointcrossing

Newly Enlightened
Still using my little lego light as my EDC and still liking it. Use it every night. Still on the first lithium so operating it is way cheap.

Ahh, the little things in life.

coldpointcrossing

Newly Enlightened
I think I remember a thread where someone ran their L0D or LD01 on a 10440. Any one here remember the link? Just curious if it was worth the trouble.

LD01/Microstream Lego.

coldpointcrossing

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the helpful link. After reading and further searching on the topic, I've decided to forgo using a 10440 in my little lego. Its too damn temperamental as an EDC and just not worth the possibility of destroying a perfectly good light. I'll play it safe and use non-rechargeable lithiums. If I decide I want more oomph out of my pocket EDC then I'll just get another, slightly larger AAx1 EDC.